“Top of the heap”

Ranked #2 of 9,957 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Kowloon
Description: Refined authentic Cantonese cuisine, traditional Dim Sum complemented with a premium variety of teas. Private rooms are available for special occasions. Experience our six-course degustation menu, showcasing the brilliant presentation and overall culinary excellence that have earned Tin Lung Heen the distinction of two Michelin stars.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Perched on the 102nd floor of the Ritz Carlton at ICC, i was happy to eat here as i was just staying next door at the W. Online booking was easy, and when i emailed back to change the date, they were also very prompt and polite

Arriving, i was awed by the grandeur and style of the restaurant. There were also smiles aplenty from all staff, so i disagree with reviewers who didn't see or feel any

It was lunchtime and i ordered 4 of their dim sum items. The turnip cake was excellent and what a large serving. I began to worry about overeating thinking about the next 3 items. The chicken feet was also very good and stewed till soft, the way i like it. The rice flour cake with iberico pork was also a giant plate of goodness. It tasted just like good chinese pork to me, the "iberico" is just a reason to charge more i guess. Lastly the abalone puff was a pleasant surprise. i was expecting a tasty but mashed up abalone pastry but it wasn't, it was 2 whole abalone pieces sitting in the pastry. And the pastry melts in your mouth too. Impressive. So again, i disagree with other reviewers who felt the food wasn't up to scratch

And throughout the meal, the staff gave out warm smiles, and even called me by my name. And i even noticed 1 of the managers, while talking to a guest, he semi-squatted so that they were talking at eye level. Wow

The only 1 small thing was that they only changed my plate near the end of my meal, when the plate already looked at WWIII

Overall, it's excellent food, service and ambience

2  Thank bcheong
Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Came here after reading some of the good reviews. However was left a little disappointed. We came for the view but it was foggy but u can't fault anyone for that. We ordered some roast goose, mustard frog legs, about 4-5 dim sum n a soup. Most of the items were average and I had better ones outside. The service staff was ok but not attentive enough. I have to ask for change of plate in the beginning.
Tea was not filled when the cups are empty. The bill came up to abt HKD800 for 2 of us. Frankly I will not return

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Tin Lung Heen is perched on the 102nd floor of this very tall tower, as part of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Hong Kong. It's meant to cater for the very rich by offering them a truly luxurious experience from the moment they walk into the lobby.

I went there when the 'hype' of a new top Chinese restaurant has subsided. It was a nice enough lunch with family. We took the executive lunch which offered a choice of BBQ black-foot pork, assorted dimsum and other seasonal dishes. Everything was tasty and comparable to other top Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong.

The disappointing part for me, however, was the service. Not that there was anything wrong with the service, but it just wasn't quite right. The staff were attentive, but lacking in warmth and smile. They were courteous, but short of making you feel welcome. They were efficient, but clinically so. All in all, I did not feel that quintessentially Chinese hospitality.

2  Thank hinyan
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Tin Lung Heen is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Hong kong, no doubt. I took a few friends from Europe to this place and everyone was like WOW- Chinese food could be THIS good?! Yes! I first thought even they did not like the food, they could still enjoy the view. But everyone seemed to just focus on the food instead of just the view from the world's highest Chinese restaurant.

First, the food is amazing. Trust me! you will love it even you don't like Chinese food at all. The best dish we had was the BBQ pork! It was unbelievably good! None of us would think pork could be so delicious. As for me, this is better than a Porterhouse at any famous steakhouse. I mean, I could eat that pork all day long! We also ordered a Wagyu beef with onion but that was a bit overpriced. Other than that, no complaints. The wine menu is very good as well.

The service was excellent! We were the last table on the Chinese New Year eve. No one did anything to tell us they wanted to go home. Everyone was very attentive and professional.

I cannot wait to come back.

1  Thank Sherman0714
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Did the tasting menu with wine pairings. My wife and I agree - best meal we've ever had in our whole lives. Cream of the crop. You'll need a reservation, and it's spendy, but worth it.

2  Thank Ian C

Been to Tin Lung Heen? Share your experiences!