“Come for the atmosphere, stay for the food.”
Review of Tin Lung Heen

Tin Lung Heen
Ranked #3 of 9,150 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Kowloon
Description: Refined authentic Cantonese cuisine, traditional Dim Sum complemented with a premium variety of teas. Private rooms are available for special occasions. Experience our six-course degustation menu, showcasing the brilliant presentation and overall culinary excellence that have earned Tin Lung Heen the distinction of two Michelin stars.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant has the most amazing food and great atmosphere. Perfect for friends get together or a dinner date with your spouse. Though it may be on the pricier end, the food and service is worth the money and if you ever drop by Hong Kong, you should definitely bring your friends or family along to this restaurant. I will dine here again the next time i return to Hong Kong!!

1  Thank Roxanne Z

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Foods were great especial for the iberia BBQ pork ,keeping a high quality. I highly recommended the Octorber promontion ,Hairy Crab , which gave a great insight to me. The staff used their skillful service to serve hariy carb to us and introduced a good chinese yellow wine,Hua Diao, to us. Tasty! I am very appreciated that Tin Lung Heen staff always generate a sense of well-being to the guests!

1  Thank AACHEONG
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Service was everything you can image - attention, recommendation, food. We had Peking Duck, plus some other dishes. You can't go wrong with any of the selection. Wine selection is off the chart!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went to this place after the concierge at the hotel we were staying in recommended it. I asked him to book me a table at a restaurant in ICC, presuming we'd get a spectacular view of the harbour. It was my birthday so I was willing to splurge on great food with great view for the night.
Food was not great. Neither is the view. Service was so-so and frankly, I've had better and fancier service in far less expensive non-Michelin-star restaurants in Hong Kong.

Tin Lung Heen is facing the Lantau Island. If you want a good harbour view, choose other restaurants in the building.

Service was not bad but not what one would expect from a restaurant of this league. Upon arrival, we did not feel welcome at all. We were directed to wait at a table at the cafe outside while they check for "availability". When we were allowed in, I was surprised there a dozen empty tables. I think there were only four or five groups dining that time. It was way past 9PM. Even so, it was not easy to call a waiter. They were preoccupied most of the time. With so few customers, one would expect someone to be there anytime you need something. I've had easier time calling a waiter at a Din Tai Fung. Don't get me wrong, the waiters are friendly and nice, especially Eric. I just don't feel their service is at par with what I expected.

When we were seated, we were served some pickled vegetables. I think they change the menu often because I did not see most of the familiar "best-rated" dishes I read in reviews. It also does not help that their menu does not have pictures. I know most fine dining restaurants do not put pictures on the menu but at least the waiters should be able to answer questions. That is not the case. Although they are friendly, as expected, almost everyone is having a hard time with English. We had familiar food instead just to be sure. We ordered Peking duck, which was done two ways. The skin and wraps, was okay, but I've tasted better. The sliced meat was served as is. We asked for Hoisin sauce to make it more palatable. Ten minutes passed and we still did not get the sauce. I looked for a waiter and followed up on our request. I was told they are still looking for it in the other restaurants because they don't have it. I understand many restaurants bull$#!+ on their customers, but I do not expect it from a supposedly five-star hotel restaurant. Where did they look for Hoisin sauce? At the Italian restaurant next door? They are the only Chinese restaurant at the Ritz Carlton. And besides, we had Hoisin sauce on the table before they took it out before serving the slivers of white meat.

I also ordered crispy fried chicken. Yes, we did not have the appetite for meat that night because we were still too full from the late lunch buffet we had. Chicken was good but nothing great. We had rice which was nutty and nice. They do not serve dimsum at night, which was a disappointment. We ordered two kinds of desserts. Some creamy mango and pomelo served in bowls and a nicely presented three-piece pudding-like jelly-like sweet stuff. They were not bad but I've tasted way better desserts for one-tenth of the price.

I'm sorry I just do not find anything special about this restaurant. Nothing fancy except the price. I have no problem with spending four or five times what I would normally pay in other Michelin star restaurants in Hong Kong if I get the expected service and food quality. Sadly, it's just another restaurant set on a high floor of a really tall building, with not even the best view.

We left happy but kept wondering if we could have been happier had we dined elsewhere. One of the restaurants at the Sky Dining 101 on the other side of the building perhaps. But my birthday only comes once a year and we were leaving HK the next day.

3  Thank archiegrapa
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Iberia pork char siew taste so good. Service was superb and the host are very helpful to assist you with the menu selection.

Been to Tin Lung Heen? Share your experiences!