“nice dining experience at Tin Lung Heen restaurant”
Review of Tin Lung Heen

Tin Lung Heen
Ranked #3 of 8,953 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Kowloon
Description: Refined authentic Cantonese cuisine, traditional Dim Sum complemented with a premium variety of teas. Private rooms are available for special occasions. Experience our six-course degustation menu, showcasing the brilliant presentation and overall culinary excellence that have earned Tin Lung Heen the distinction of two Michelin stars.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

very good service and food as well, especially the waiter and escort lady who provided outstanding service to my table, a waiter came for ordering dish and he really have patient to explain and recommand every single dishes on the menu. Beside, the lady who lead us to our table had always smile and be polite to us. I do love their signature dishes "Barbecued lberian pork" it was really tasty, my friend he strongly recommand me to try the soup of "double boiled chicken soup, i do take it and it did not disappointed me at all, tasty! We are very satisfied about everything of this meal, absoulately will come again in coming days.

1  Thank chi hung s
There are newer reviews for Tin Lung Heen

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been to many Michelin Star restaurants in New York, Shanghai, Taipei to name a few, and this is bar far the worst!

We went for the taster menu, as we usually do as it gives you the option to try many dishes. We also chose the wine pairings. However, it is NOT wine pairings at all. In all other restaurants we have done this and had a different wine to match each course. Now, to be fair I did not read the menu correctly, as this 'wine pairings' included one cocktail, one red glass of wine and two Chinese spirits, which were completely disgusting and undrinkable. Not worth 600HKD extra each!

The food was, in our opinion, completely under par as well. For the price we were expecting something much better. Now there was probably a lot of technique which went into the cooking, and maybe I was just being fussy, but out of the six courses, there was only one I enjoyed.

Most expensive meal I have ever had, and probably one of the worst. I have had better food in our local Chinese restaurant in Zhuhai, costing 120RMB for two, not over 4000HKD for two. Major disappointment!

4  Thank Nadine W
Reviewed April 25, 2013

At this place, you will have the best ever Asian food, plus the unique view from floor 112 overlooking Hong Kong. The patisserie Chef is German, just for info :)

1  Thank mriecken
Reviewed April 16, 2013

With two Michelin stars under its belt, Tin Lung Heen showcases opulence in every dish with luxe ingredients being tucked into dim sum and ala carte dishes. I was seated by the window, allowing me to take in the gorgeous view of the harbour and Hong Kong Island from the 102nd floor of ICC, the tallest building in Hong Kong.

Tin Lung Heen’s speciality is the char-grilled barbecued Iberian pork, which I had the privilege of trying. This was especially delicious – achingly tender and juicy, with a smoky-sweet finish. I’m still drooling over it. So decadent!

Another winner was the double-boiled chicken with fish maw in baby coconut. I was told the soup is steamed for an hour in the coconut and only baby coconuts are used so the taste of the soup doesn’t get sour. Hands down the best soup I’ve tried, ever.

The golden shrimp dumplings with bamboo shoots and asparagus tasted as divine as it looked. While the gold bit didn’t do much for taste, it looked exquisite and the dumpling boasted 13 folds (yes I counted!) – said to be the most authentic way to prepare a har kau. The siew mai (pork and shrimp dumpling with matsutake mushroom) was also very tasty. Traditionally prepared with premium ingredients, every bite was succulent and tasty.

Lunch was fabulous, and definitely an experience to remember!

For more pictures and a full post on Tin Lung Heen, click here: http://www.bangsarbabe.com/2013/04/tin-lung-heen-hong-kong.html

1  Thank Sue Lynn T
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great food, great service and a great view. Entree Main and dessert with a bottle of good wine will set you back approx 250-300 AUD. Well worth it!

1  Thank jess m

Been to Tin Lung Heen? Share your experiences!