“Not that impressed”

Yat Tung Heen Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #989 of 8,953 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Walked in late and noticed that one doesn't get the same treatment as locals. Food was only ok - nothing to brag about and I took more dishes than I could possibly finish because I wanted to rate the place. No reason to come back. No reason to avoid it either.

1  Thank KillerClown
There are newer reviews for Yat Tung Heen Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2013

my local friend brought me to yum cha there on last xmas, the place wasn't really impressive but the food was absolutely wonderful, especially the barbecue pork bun, "siu lung bao" and the abalone rice rolls. actually i love all of the food i had there. as my friend treated me the meal, i don't know if it was expensive or not.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to Yat Tung Heen, Nathan Road branch, which is at the B2 level of Eaton Hotel. It is very near to Jordan MTR. We walked in on a Chinese New Year morning, it looked empty but we were told that they were fully booked from noon onwards. It was 10.30am so we had an hour a a half to try their dim sum breakfast. It was more than enough for us. True enough, customers slowly filled up the restaurant soon after.

The dim sum was very well presented and tasted very good. Service was excellent; wait staff very attentive and warm. The place was very clean and since it's an award-winning restaurant, it's advisable to make a reservation. It's really worth it.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My daughter and I arrived in Hong Kong just in time for lunch and we were hungry and craving for a good dim sum meal. Walking along Nathan road, it was closing time when we found this restaurant at the basement of the Eaton hotel. There was just one group of customers having their dessert when we entered and the staff was already cleaning the place. We were utterly surprised when the manager still allowed us in and had the server prepare a table for us! That, for me, was great customer service!!! Together with that was the very delicious dim sum and noodle soup laid on our table with care and courtesy; and the fresh watermelon for dessert was a treat! We were the happiest customers that day! This restaurant is very deserving of a Michelin star!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had to take the gluten free travel card with me so I could make sure the staff understood what I was asking for...but the staff were very helpful and friendly and I had two meals there both without any problem. Focused on prawns and rice so fairly easy...but great food.