“Good Place to dine in TST area”

Loong Yuen Cantonese Restaurant at Holiday Inn Golden Mile
Ranked #777 of 8,549 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: The award winning Loong Yuen Cantonese Restaurant is the perfect place to experience top quality cantonese fare and the restaurant is voted as one of the Hong Kong's Best Restaurants by Hong Kong Tatler. Its extensive menu of luscious Chinese dim sum and innovative Cantonese dishes will surely enchant your gastronomical experience.
HK
“Good Place to dine in TST area”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

In the basement of the hotel. Nice deco and v clean with v good service as well. We had many dim sum dishes for lunch and mostly was good despite 1 dish and told the waitress politely. She was willing to accept criticism and gave us free desserts ! Had also a stir-fried flat noodle dish with cod fillets, very very good. Seating arranegment was good , not cramped.

Only one -ve point is that the rest., is v noisy and we think it is very low ceiling and sound reflects badly. Overall, an enjoyable afternoon lunch.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“Very nice Chinese”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were tentative at first but the staff were very attentive to our needs. All food was done with a minimum of fuss. Drinks were supplied as requested. Atmosphere was quiet and it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Visited September 2012
Hong Kong
“Dim Sum Dilemma”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I travel to China quite frequently and usually my first stop is in HK and I stay at the Golden Mile. Out of convenience I have tried to eat Dim Sum at Loong Yuen for lunch but the last several times have been poor at best. The wait is terrible and simple items I have ordered are not available. This last time both items were not available, I tried to order plan B had to wait even longer and I was charged for items I didn’t get and charged for appetizers I never wanted but out of frustration of trying to clean up the bill paid for. Before I even had the food I really didn’t want a staff member came to tell me the kitchen was closed. There are some really great reviews of this place but I will not go there again.

• Visited September 2012
HI_Golden_Mile, at Loong Yuen Cantonese Restaurant at Holiday Inn Golden Mile, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Monkey K,

Thank you for your continual support to Holiday Inn Golden Mile and Loong Yuen. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience.

We are disappointed to hear about the wait, as our standard is to have food delivered within 10 minutes after ordering. To avoid the same from happening, we will make sure the team is following this standard.

Also, we are sorry to hear that the items you ordered were not available. As we try to ensure the ingredients we use are fresh and in season, we update our menu every 2 months. And this may result in items you previously ordered being unavailable on your latest visit.

As for the appetizers charged, it is a local custom to enjoy the condiment snacks before meal. But if you prefer not to have the snacks, kindly let our staff know and they would refrain from serving it.

We value your business and we sincerely hope you could give us another chance on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile
Loudonville, New York
“Excellent Cantonese food”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

High quality ingreedients; tasty food, especially the seafood.

Visited August 2011
Hong Kong, China
“Great restaurant !”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

One of our favourite restaurants. Excellent choice for vegetarians. Love the black pepper "mock" chicken, tastes like the real thing.

• Visited May 2012

Travelers who viewed Loong Yuen Cantonese Restaurant at Holiday Inn Golden Mile also viewed

Been to Loong Yuen Cantonese Restaurant at Holiday Inn Golden Mile? Share your experiences!