“Spectacular view...”

Ranked #49 of 8,549 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Take in the stunning views of the Hong Kong skyline from our 28th floor Chinese fine-dining restaurant, which gained three “fork-and-spoons” in the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2012. Enjoy exquisitely prepared dim-sum and seasonal Cantonese cuisine together with vintage wines from our private collection. There are three private dining rooms and even a kitchen, should you wish to bring your own chef.We have also recently been selected by Condé Nast Traveller UK to be on their “Best New Restaurant 2012: Hotel Tables” list.
Philippines
“Spectacular view...”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The first highlight when you enter the restaurant is the spectacular view to the harbor of Hong Kong. The tables of the restaurant are nicely arranged in order there is no feeling the room will be crowded. The arrangements on the plates of the dishes are an eye catch and the service is efficient.
Of course the prices are according to the high level of the hotel on the upper level. All in all it’s worth a visit!

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Over priced”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great location; overlooking the harbor, but seriously over priced. The food really wasn't all that great.

Visited December 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Very good food & service, great views”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very good food & service, great views.
Some food was slightly undercooked, bummer.
Everything else was excellent

• Visited December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Immediately feel the cozy ambience once you stepped in. The afternoon tea serves great snacks and desert. We were also there to experience the cocktails before heading for dinner. Totally enjoyed it!

Visited December 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Elegant and warm with glorious view”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

After reading several mixed reviews of this restaurant, I kept a open view to access it properly.

My wife and I booked for 7pm, we arrived at around that time and discovered there was not that many people in the restaurant at all maybe one or two other couples, I believe we were a little early for dinner in HK. After being greeted and taken to our table, we took in the wonderful view this location offered, simply amazing. I thought to myself it could be a diversion towards the under par food they will bring out. We had a little discussion with our waiter about the options as my wife is full time vegetarian, it always makes it difficult when eating out as a lot of places don't provide vegetarian meals and they would just take out the meat in some dishes and serve. We ended up choosing the set meal, I think it was the most expensive set meal. The thing that impressed me most was our waiter went out of his way to speak to the chef to inquire about one normal set meal and the second vegetarian which chef would have had to improvise on each dish. And even reduce the price on the veggie side as it wouldn't use some of the finer ingredients the normal option would.

Each dish started coming out, my wife was impressed as I mentioned most of her dishes eaten at any non-vegetarian restaurant are mocked up to exclude meat. We were both impressed with the food and different pallets put on the plate for tasting, Joseph Tse the chef here is a master of getting some of these flavors just right.

We had received about four of our dishes, at this stage the whole place was packed through with guests, we were waiting for our fifth dish. It took about 20min for it come out, I put it down to the amount of people they had to cater for, not only for the restaurant but events and seminars occurring around the building. After this dish I thought the rest of them would take a similar time, I was correct. The rest of the dishes being a further 3 dishes took at least 15 min to come out which sort of left us looking around and simply waiting for food. I have eaten many set meals, they should be about 5 minutes apart just enough to let you rest from the dish just completed and rest up your pallet for the next.

Overall, even considering the reviews about inconsistency and service levels, I could understand where they were getting their comments from. The services levels are a little confusing as there is actually a few different areas where you can treat it as a lounge, bar and restaurant. I have a feeling they are all different sectors of the whole Icon appeal on that level, they are trying to accommodate each and every mood and customer requirement. For a fine dining restaurant I would rate it 4.5 out of 5. They just must get the timing right. Apart from that my wife and i enjoyed the night.

• Visited December 2013