“Great food, great ambiance, beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Above and beyond

Above and beyond
Ranked #40 of 7,948 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Take in the stunning views of the Hong Kong skyline from our 28th floor Chinese fine-dining restaurant, which gained three “fork-and-spoons” in the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2012. Enjoy exquisitely prepared dim-sum and seasonal Cantonese cuisine together with vintage wines from our private collection. There are three private dining rooms and even a kitchen, should you wish to bring your own chef.We have also recently been selected by Condé Nast Traveller UK to be on their “Best New Restaurant 2012: Hotel Tables” list.
canton1
“Great food, great ambiance, beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We really loved this restaurant. The food is fabulous, authentic and creative Cantonese cuisine. The view is stunning. You see the whole harbor, with layers of buildings all around you. The ambiance is great, very modern and elegant with nice lighting. There's a private dining table in the wine cellar, looking over the harbor. It's so nice it's worth checking out even if you're not dining there. The service was top-class, so good that a lot of the time you don't even realize they're there. For example my water glass was refilled twice without my even noticing, and everyone was very courteous. The prices are quite reasonable for such a nice place. Back to the food, some Cantonese food is an acquired taste, and it can be a little hard on a western palate. There are strong smoky and fishy flavors that we just don't have, but if you ask the waiters they are very helpful in avoiding this, if that is your intent. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank canton1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Amazing Gourmet Meals with a View to Die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Five stars for everything! Ambiance, decor, service, food and although pricey, we were satisfied. The menu was extensive not only in food, catering for every palate, but also extensive in their wine list, stocking wines from almost every country. The view from the 28th floor of Victoria Harbour is breathtaking, so make sure you book in advance and get a window seat! We felt like we were in dining heaven, and the food was amazing. A great experience if you are wanting a romantic evening for two!

• Visited December 2012
ann arbor, MI
“Head in the clouds both for view and the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The conference hotel during my Hong Kong visit was Hotel Icon (I actually stayed at Butterfly on Pratt which I loved and was much less expensive) which is affiliated with Hong Kong Polytech University. After the first session, I was taken to a small business lunch at Above and Beyond and I have to say the restaurant lived up to its optimistic name. The view from Kowlon toward Hong Kong Harbor, even at lunch time was beautiful and the food was exquisite. Every course was beautifully presented, delicious and creative. My host insisted on dessert, which I preferred to skip, but ended up with a mango custard with fresh mango. I don't like mango so I thought I would take a bite and then beg off saying my jet lag just made it difficult to eat anymore. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I devoured it. If only this chef could do for beets what he did for mango, the world would be a better place. Whenever a restaurant can deliver food I normally detest in an edible form I give it five stars. I would give this six, because I wanted a second helping. Each course fantastic, service wonderful, setting with the view and contemporary bar very chic. I could find no faults. Even if I was paying I would have given this place 5 for value.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank aagourmet
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
“"A clean well-lighted place" for a fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I think Ernest Hemingway said it best. Above and Beyond on the 28th floor of the Hotel Icon is a wonderful place for a quiet and excellent shared Cantonese fusion style dinner. The view of Victoria Harbor and skyline is among the best. The three of us shared a combination of dishes, fine wine on the evening of 16 December 2012. The food quality was excellent, and very tasty. The wait staff sees to every need. The food presentation was beautiful and elegant in its simplicity. White linen table clothes, two chopsticks at each seat, one for sharing and one for eating. We ate slowly, enjoying both food and lively conversation and of course, the view. We never felt rushed or hurried. I think my wife said it best, the food, the service, the environment all gave her a sense of comfort and security, like the way she feels in her own home. This restaurant was an excellent value and charges reasonably.

1 Thank Andrew M
Alton, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and best views of Hong Kong Island at night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had an evening meal here while staying in hong kong on business. Had to book well in advance as it was always booked out close in.
Truly stunning views of Victoria harbour at night (ask for a table near the window). Food was incredibly well presented and you weren't rushed.
A touch pricey but probably fair for views and stunning environment built by Sir Terrence Conran.

Will definitely be back.