“Great Food and Good Fun”

Budaoweng Hot Pot Cuisine
Ranked #709 of 8,042 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Good Fun”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Chinese hot pot is such a sociable way of eating - you end up eating, cooking and talking for hours - yet the meal is still light and healthy as you cook fresh ingredients in broths and soups (no grease or fat).you can choose between a large range of food to cook at your table - we had a bit of everything: sea food, beef, vegetables, dumplings and more.

At this place you can watch the Victoria harbour light show while you eat!

A MUST TRY while in Hong Kong!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Pyrotechnic Spectacular and great food too”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spend New Year's eve here with our friends and had a great view of the New Year pyrotechnic show from the 23rd floor restaurant. The food was excellent too - we had some sushi salmon to start and then a selection of beef and prawn dumplings with a mountain of assorted vegetables. You can choose the type of broth your food is cooked in - either going for one or two varieties. We had plain broth and a satay one which really complemented the food. A really great night and fantastic way to start 2013.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank swissericsister
peoples republic of caledonia
“An interesting experience...”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The hot pot experience is very interesting. Boil your own food in different bases - we had satay & basic "soups". A selection of meat, veg & fish is then added and cooked by the diner at the table.

The waiter was very happy to help mix our sauces and to show us what we had to do.

Very enjoyable

Visited February 2012
3 Thank chooseANewScreenName
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent experience for a hotpot newbie!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

After going to Budaoweng Hot Pot Cuisine, I now realize how lacking my Asian food experiences have been here in the States. I have to credit my HK co-workers with coming up with this outing - they try to arrange these to impress us, and this one really worked out.

Budaoweng Hot Pot (the one I went to) is in I-Square (TST stop) in a high rise office building. It is quite popular, so reservations are a necessity. We had a large group (8 people), with a few vegetarians. So when it came time to order, we got a split pot - one side with a meat-based "satay" stock and the other side with vegetarian stock. Fortunately my colleagues did the ordering, getting a plate of raw marbled beef, a set of seafood 'meatballs', shrimp, rice/rice noodles, and a basket of veggies (bok choy, mushrooms, etc.). Basically, you add stuff to the pot to cook, then fish it out to your bowl to eat with the broth. Occassionally, wait staff come by to add more hot water to your stock pot. The whole process was a bit fascinating for someone not familiar with it :-). It got me thinking if there were some good hotpot restaurants in the US (probably in NYC, SF, etc.) that I might visit; unfortunately none here in my town. Maybe I could make my own hotpot at home....maybe!

I highly recommend Budaoweng, maybe bring a local friend to give you the hotpot basics and to assist with ordering.

• Visited December 2011