“Really classy Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Domani - CLOSED

Domani
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Hong Kong, China
“Really classy Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went to Domani for a wine tasting dinner with the sparkling wines of Ferrari. The food was expertly matched to 6 different vintages and was absolutely excellent. The restaurant Is nicely decorated and the ambience superb. One of the best in HK.

Visited May 2013

Hong Kong, China
“I Must Be Back! Excellent Lobster Semi-Buffet Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Been here on Saturday for lobster semi buffet brunch 12nn-3pm. HK$488 + 10% service charge per person. Excellent value for money.

Food quality: Top notch, delicate, well presented. The spread is not wide as compared with buffet of 5-star hotels but that's perfect to me, quality is much more important than quantity. Lobsters available in buffet are usually of poorer quality but here is an exception. It's very fresh, generous, refilled adequately.

Appetisers, soup and dessert are from the bar while the main course to be chosen and ordered. There is free flow of drinks too including fresh squeezed juice, some alcoholic drinks, mineral water, coffee etc. Every food and drink is delicate and fresh, I am not over-stating. I ever thought of giving up the main course as I had been nearly stuffed up with the starters and the lobsters. But so good that the main course (I ordered pasta) was of a small portion only and taste good. Of course, the dessert is not to be missed and I had reserved my last quota for it.

To me, talking about the taste alone, I prefer it to Caprice of Four Seasons Hotel which is 3-star Michellin. I can have the original and genuine taste of the food itself while I only got salty or sweet taste in Caprice (see my another review).

Ambiance: cozy, tidy, casual, classy. Guest decent.

Service: nearly perfect. The imperfection is that on two or three occasions my used plates were still there upon my return from the buffet bar. And our coffee did not come until after 3 reminders.

• Visited May 2013
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Exellent! Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a treat for my birthday! Every thing was perfect. Setting is modern and classy, service dedicated and pleasant, food delicious. I must admit I was really impressed with the beef , so tender and savory. Wine was though, expensive.

• Visited May 2013
“yet another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just a great restaurant! Stracciatella appetizer is outstanding. Gorgonzola desert is a must try. Entrees are consistently excellent. Portions are small, but appropriate when you order an appetizer and an entree. Service is typically excellent ................ attentive, but not overbearing.

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Art Lover's Favorite Hong Kong Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

First of all, I don’t usually write reviews -- that’s because I’m rarely inspired enough to do so...

You should also know that I’m a foodie. I traveI frequently for work and I am fortunate to be invited to all the best restaurants in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, London, Hong Kong, Florence, San Francisco, etc.

I went to Domani in Pacifc Place with my beau during our last visit to Hong Kong. The restaurant was conveniently located just a short walk from our hotel The Upper House (which I also highly recommend).

The food was brilliant. Connaisseur’s wine list. Service impeccable. We went in with Michellin-star expectations and finished impressed!

My recommendations -- Tomato jelly with shrimp and scallops…Lobster pasta…dreamy tomato soup…Tiramisu to die for…

Can’t wait to go back on my trip next month during Art Basel Hong Kong! Elegant architectural space and power player clientele!

• Visited March 2013