“I recommend Hotel LBP!”
Review of Hotel LBP

Hotel LBP
Ranked #54 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just wrapped up a three-night stay at Hotel LBP, my first visit to Hong Kong. I chose it primarily based on reviews and was very happy! My room was sparkling clean and, though small, was comfortable, well-equipped & quiet. I had a view overlooking Hollywood Park, which was lovely.

Breakfast was satisfying, and I enjoyed the hot water kettle in the room for Nescafe and tea. Location is quite convenient - it's about a 10-minutes to Sheung Wan MTR station, and 15 minutes walk to Central. It's not smack dab in the touristy area, which I liked. There is a little grocery store just down the street, and a restaurant right across the street. Cab drivers were not familiar with it, but it's only 2 years old, and they had no trouble finding it when I gave them the address.

Be sure to ask for an MTR map if you plan on using the system. Staff was very happy to answer questions, and even arranged a cab to get me to a tour meeting point at another hotel one morning.

Very pleased with my experience here & recommend Hotel LBP.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Katherine T

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel itself was good, the high point being a generous breakfast buffet with a good selection and a nice outdoor seating area. The room itself was so-so, very clean but the mattress was really hard and the beds themselves just double size. Also, my room looked onto the building behind which was only a few metres away so I didn't feel comfortable having the curtains open. All in all, a good budget hotel but don't expect anything more. The location is great, just around the corner from Hollywood Road with lots of cafes, restaurants and bars to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the road, that way you won't be looking into someone's living room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My stay at Hotel LBP was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. My fiance and I stayed here for 4 days over my birthday and we were upgraded from a luxury room to a business suite as soon as we arrived which meant we had a lounge area as well as a good sized bedroom with a tv in both rooms. We had a nice bathroom too with a really good shower and all the toiletries you needed. The room was serviced every day so it was great to come back to a nice clean room after a long day exploring HK. On my birthday the staff left a card, a cake and a cute little keyring in the room. Completely unexpected but was such a thoughtful touch.

The breakfast was lovely - fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast, muffins, sausages, eggs....; they also provide free snacks in the afternoon.

It was a great base to explore everything from. The train station is a 10 minute walk and from there you can get everywhere (Central HK, Kowloon, Disneyland etc.) or it's a 20 minute walk to get to Central.

The staff were so friendly and helpful so thank you for making our stay so nice. I really can't recommend this hotel enough. If I ever come back to HK again I won't even think about staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holly F
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice and cosy, clean and apparently well managed little hotel. The floors are quite small, but they are used efficiently and the rooms are reasonably large by HK hotel standards. The beds are firm, but since I personally prefer quite hard mattress it did not bother me. Front office staff were friendly. At the time of the checkin they warned us that they have ongoing renovations and there might be some related noise during the afternoon, but we did not experience any. Breakfast is ok. Nothing special as such, but actually amazing considering how small the facilities are for the two ladies that served it. Seating in the breakfast lounge could be described as limited, so be prepared to wait for few minutes to get a seat if the hotel is full. We got a room from the back of the building, so the only view was the windows of the building next door literally just few meters away.

Neighborhood is a bit worn out, but nothing worrying. Maybe we just had bad luck but with the two taxi trips we took to the hotel, the hotel was not familiar to the drivers, so ensure that you have the address at hand if you take a taxi. Tram and subway stations are within few minutes by foot. Small store conviniently right next door, and plenty of eateries close by. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room in the front of the building might provide some views but might suffer from traffic noise?
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was curious to stay here having stayed in a number of similar small hotels in the Sheung Wan area and the generally positive reviews. I too like may others was upgraded to a business suite at check in which was plus and the staff are really very friendly and helpful.

I have to admit though I was hoping for more - the room I had was a decent size with a separate bedroom, bathroom and living area with two flat screen televisions but actually not that comfortable and the bed was just so hard I had to check there was a mattress on it - I didn't sleep that well as a result during my stay. It was also quite dark and you are looking (or being overlooked) by neighbouring blocks of flats once you open the curtains.
The breakfast is fine, but really nothing too special and if there are more than about ten people it gets crowded in the communal area with limited seating (although there is a pleasant outdoor terrace and a bigger room further down the corridor).
Location wise you are a ten minute walk from Sheung Wan MTR which is the end of the island line, although there is also a tram stop just a short walk away. I discovered that trying to get a taxi in this part of town though in the evening is very hard and takes a long time (and patience…).
For first timers to HK it's an interesting base, but there are potentially more comfortable, good value options and I'm not sure I'd choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nickworld08
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Hong Kong 4 times and this is my first time staying in Hotel LBP, Sheung Wan.
The location of this hotel is great because you can use the "Ding Ding Tram" go around the HK island eg. Central, wan chai, Admitary, Causeway Bay and etc...
There are a convenient store in next door, Mannings and Laundry shop just opposite of Hotel, 7-11 store at back side of hotel, Food Market at their left side. It is quite convenient to me. And there is also an old Hong King style dim sum restaurant Leung Hiong Kui at the back street of hotel.
The hotel room is cosy but very clean. The front office staff is very helpful and friendly especially Ms. Carol... Feel very thankful to her because she help us to call and find the taxi driver that we forgot and leave a Tennis racket in the taxi and she help us to contact the taxi driver to send back to the airport! I know she try her best to help us for it!
They also free upgrade us to family room coz we bring two little kids, 5 and 9 years old.
They also provide very healthy breakfast, in western style. And the environment was so home style feel. I like it very much...
For those who not rush in time and willing to use the ding ding tram, would recommend you to have a stay in this hotel. Of coz, you can choose to use MTR Sheung Wan, in walking distance at about 10mins.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SYmama
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The LBP is about the only building in the area with a nice coat of paint, and that makes the bright blue hotel stand out amid the almost squalid like buildings surrounding it. The entire staff we dealt with were fantastic! Despite there being a group of us. There was a very nice breakfast included.

The problems with this hotel are a few. Foremost are the beds, they are like cement blocks. There are two mugs in each room and a couple teas and coffees. But, not one spoon or any other utensils despite there being a couple bowls and 2 small plates. Quite strange , there is a toaster and microwave. There was not one glass but bottled water. I suppose we could have asked but it was very late when we checked in.

They did have linens and robes and it appeared quite clean. However due to the uncomfortable beds and paper thin walls we only stayed one night of several planned to go more upmarket to ThePeninsula

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends