“Nice place”

Ranked #54 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Booking a business suite is big enough for two or more people. Bed is a little hard and breakfast is simple and good enough to start the day. Improvement should be made in how to keep the foot hot for breakfast. While the area is not great for shopping but it does have some great local restaurants. It is a short 10 minute walk to MTR. It is the staff that make this hotel unique- everyone on the staff is fantastic and a special mention to Pepsi who goes out of her way in accommodating guests checked in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Utrecht
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived early in the morning, after a 12h flight. Because the hotel was full the night before, we could not enter room at 9am. We dropped our luggage over there and explored the amazing city of Hong Kong. When we came back at 1pm, they gave us a very nice - and clean - junior suite instead of the normal room we had booked. We stayed here for two nights and would stay here again without a doubt. In LBP you get a nice room for great value in a quiet but very central location on Hong Kong island, nearby many sights. The breakfast was very nice and we really enjoyed the free (recent!) movies at night.

Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UtrechtIsMyHometown
Perth
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a solo traveller and found this hotel to be very secure and I felt safe at all times. On arrival the staff were very friendly and continued to be throughout my stay. They were always polite and willing to help you.
The rooms were very spacious, clean and modern and they always had free bottles of water for you each day along with heaps of towels, shampoo, soap & conditioner. Air conditioner worked very well too.
It was in a great part of Hong Kong too. I chose to walk to most places, Hong Kong station and even to the peak tram but I did get a little exhausted after a while and chose the trains. The hotel was a little walk from Sheng wun station, but I enjoyed the area as it felt like Hong Kong. I had earlier stumbled into soho which was full of westerners. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but when you come from a western culture yourself, it's always nice to get away from it while on holidays.
Free breakfast was pretty good too, considering it isn't a massive chain serving hundreds of people each day, they did pretty well with the range of food.
Enjoyed my stay and will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was skeptical of the many positive reviews of this hotel but this hotel overexceeded my expectations. It's located very close to Central in the up and coming Sheung Wan area. We stayed in a business suite with a baby and the room was small, but just enough for us, and immaculate. No bugs. The bed was comfortable and there was lots of storage space. The water pressure was fine; and plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet was plentiful (I saw a few complaints of how the buffets were small, but honestly, there was more than enough food and one shouldn't overeat!). The front desk staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. They booked our show tickets for Macao, gave us whatever we needed: drink/snack/directions and they were never put off by any of the questions (which I'm sure was repetitive). In a city that is not super clean, this hotel IS clean. The location is safe; there is always someone at the entry on the ground floor. Grocery store and a surly laundromat is across the street. Playgrounds everywhere: this is baby friendly. We are small people so I do agree that if you are tall, I wonder how you would fit in the bed (lengthwise). The windows were soundproof and had blackout curtains: certainly helps when recuperating from jet lag. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget. Check the hotel's own website for additional specials which we took advantage of, making this hotel more than affordable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank EMC9393
Mjölby
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed in a business suite, which was quite small yet enough in size. Comfortable bed and limited but nice breakfast. Location is near the Macau ferry and within walking distance to Star Ferry (around 15 minutes I think). Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights in this hotel because my 1st hotel choice was fully booked. The hotel was cleaned and the staff were helpful and friendly (with a little English).
BUT, The room is very tiny and small. If your height is more than 180 cm, then, you would have difficulty to shower. I have bumped myself several times with the shower host during my shower.

The bed (180 cm long ) is also small. I needed to bend my knee during my sleeping otherwise, my feet would be hanging.

I think the bedroom wall is made of gypsum. So, we were awakened whenever our next door neighbor came back very late in the evening. The sound of their closing the door and their shower at the middle of the night really disturb our resting time after a hectic long walk at HK.

Now, the breakfast was just so boring, not very much of variations. So, Our 3 days stays at this hotel, we had very much the same thing for breakfast. Mostly, we ate bread, cereal, sausage, burger meat, and coffee (nescafe). There is no "live breakfast" such as scramble egg or omelet.

Considering the price of this hotel, I don't think that the hotel provides a good value. We moved in to Cosmo hotel Mongkok and I think Cosmo (or Dorset hotel now) offers much better value.

Room Tip: I think this hotel is owned by individual business not a big group of hospitality company such as Ac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It is not 5 Star and the rooms are Hong Kong petite, but this hotel is a gem, even for a picky person like me. Location, reception, comfort, and breakfast are excellent. If a lovely, safe, well-maintained, dependable and pleasant boutique hotel in a charming section of old Hong Kong is your taste, you're sure to appreciate LBP and Kitty at the front desk. If you're new to Hong Kong beware, this is one VERY steep and hilly city area to walk. You'll need to be in good shape or count on taxis.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo