“Back again”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I went back to Pho 24 in I square mall during my 2nd visit to HKG because of my previous experience. As usual it was delicious. It was just great!

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I had visited the Pho 24 in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. I was looking for a restaurant to have lunch in isquare mall,thats when I came across Pho 24,Thought to give a try.. As I've never had Vietnamese food before. ... And it was such a delight!!! I ordered for chicken pho and lemongrass chicken..it was So.... Good , loved every bit of it. I went back one more time before I left Hong Kong. And I have to say my mouth is still watering when I write this review:))

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pho 24 has a few locations in HK; Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui and Sha Tin:
Causeway Bay-Shop 402, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road
TST-Shop 303, iSQUARE, 63 Nathan Road
ShaTin-Shop 127, New Town Plaza, Phase I, 18 Centre Street

Pho24 is a franchise and my review is of the location in TST. TST has many overpriced eateries because it is a tourist district so I appreciate Pho24 for what they are. The escalators in i-Square can be a bit tricky. You can get there directly from the MTR which is nice. This is my go to place for a quick bite when in the area. I've eaten @ Pho twice this month and the food was basic tasty Vietnamese. Note I've tasted Vietnamese many places including Vietnam. You can request changes in the seasonings if you like. I'm there for the fresh spring rolls and Pho so I'm a happy person. Vegetarian options available. If you are veg do ask as we were told all broths have meat in them. They had many patrons at lunch time so I'd avoid that time if you can or you may wait a bit for a seat. Our lite lunch was HK 120 for two. We did not order the set menu. The staff were friendly and eager to assist.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Had lunch in Pho 24 in Shatin yesterday. How disappointing! The rice spring rolls were the most tasteless I have ever had. They just tasted of nothing...weird! Yet they had veg, pork and prawns in them....The "chef's recommended" shredded chicken with lemongrass and chilli looked so bad I had to admit I was immediately put off it...however given I was paying for lunch I tasted it...blah! The spoon kept picking up gloopy bits and the chicken was so tough...I left it...disgusting. And our rice never arrived. So I left hungry...Bill came to $334 for 2 sets of rice rolls, 2 of that main course and 2 sprites....what a rip off!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Last month we had a return lunch at Pho 24 to compare against a lunch had here last autumn. We arrived just before a busy rush at 1pm on a weekday and again ordered from the lunch set menu, choosing the A+B+C meal. Our meal dishes were served quickly and the meal felt quite rushed, a common occurrence in Hong Kong during meal times. This lunch was not quite as good, taste-wise, as the previous meal here but it was a good amount of food and decent value for money.

We ordered (A) the paper spring rolls and lemon-grass chicken wings for appetizers. Both were just average (rating 2.5 of 5), nothing special. For main course, we ordered the Pho again that tasted fine (rating 3 of 5) and the sweet and sour pork chop that was equally good (rating 3 of 5) but not particularly special. Two Vietnamese coffees (C) finished the meal off, they were happy to provide one black and the other white, with the traditional evaporated or condensed milk that you find in Vietnamese coffee. Both tasted good (rating 3.5 of 5).

Overall, we were ok with the value for money, paying HK$139 for two good sized meals but felt the meal was a bit forgettable, taste-wise and not particularly special. It was just an average meal!