“Skip the compulsory Jewellery Shop stop, otherwise very good”

Gray Line Tours of Hong Kong
Ranked #54 of 133 Tours in Hong Kong
Shellharbour, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Skip the compulsory Jewellery Shop stop, otherwise very good”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was supposed to be a family trip to Hong Kong, however, at the last minute my husband had to stay and work. So I continued on the mini break with my 2.9yr old daughter. For ease of getting around and seeing that many of the MTR stations had only stairs, I booked 2 trips with Gray Line. Firstly, my daughter being under 3 was free, so the only cost was me. I booked the AM departure for Hong Kong Disneyland. The pick-up was at 10.30am, with the return departure being 8.45pm. We were prepared to stay the whole day, watch the parade and fireworks. Unfortunately, it rained all day, and it rained. So at 3pm in the afternoon, totally wet and cold, I took a taxi back to the hotel in Kowloon. An additional cost, but we couldn’t have lasted the rest of the day wet.

The second tour was the afternoon Deluxe Hong Kong Island tour. Didn’t have to wait in the full queue for the Peak Tram, we were fast tracked because we were on a tour. A photographer joined us to take photos, so we knew somewhere down the track, he would appear with the photo for a price. I agree my only complaint was the "Tse Sui Luen Jewellery factory tour". This was basically just a jewellery store and wasted 45 minutes that could have been spent at Stanley Market. Stanley Market was great shopping and the photographer appeared with the photos and wanted too much money.

For ease of getting around and with limited time, do a tour.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank World_Traveller582

New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to see HK if you don't have a lot of time”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I only had one day to see Hong Kong so we did the 1/2 day tour. It hit all of the major sights and was a perfect way to quickly see HK (Victoria Peak, Aberdeen/Sampan ride, Stanley Market). Our tour guide Ricky was great. We would definitely recommend this tour as a quick and great way to HK.

Visited July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“2 Great Tours”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Spent the weekend in Hong Kong and did two different Gray Line tours. Deluxe Hong Kong Island with lunch was wonderful. Saw amazing sights and our tour guide was very knowlegable. My only complaint was the "Tse Sui Luen Jewelry factory tour". This was basically just a jewelry store and wasted 45 minutes that could have been spent at Stanley Market. My highlight was Jumbo Kingdom and the Dim Sum lunch. The next day, we did the Lantau Enlightment Tour. Despite the pouring rain, we really had a wonderful time and I highly recommend either of these tours if you want to see and learn more about the area. Both tours combined only cost $160 US dollars. I thought that was a bargain for two full day tours!

2 Thank JeanB37
Sussex
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“OK - but the cruise dinner was a bun fight.”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Only in Hong Kong for 1 day, and wishing to see a bit of the city, as well as the legendary laser lights over the harbour, we picked the tour which visited the evening market at Temple street, the open bus trip and then the cruise with international buffet.
The Temple market was ok - as expected, the food market next door was more interesting - no naff t-shirts or handbags in the food!
The open-topped bus gave a good view of the city, with a stop for photos too.
What we were perturbed about, was that our tour got on the cruise ship at 7.45, just before the laser show of 8.00 - 8.15, and we were last to get on. (Everyone else being at the buffet and eating as much as they could - yuk). The laser show was a bit of a disappointment - thinking the lights would shine up as well as from the buildings - well they really just lit up the sides of the buildings and occasionally seemed to be in synchronization together.
We went downstairs for our food after that, and the quality was disappointing - never good when you get pieces of chicken all with bones. The desserts were a bit synthetic. And the dining area seemed to have the air conditioning on, and it was a cold night to begin with! So, all in all, we wish we'd been told the situation, and then would have been prepared for the let down.
Could have been better.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank verneEngland
delhi, india
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Gray Line tour to Macao including Venetian expedition was terrible. The trip operator kept hurrying at every point , threatening that we will have to take a taxi on our own and come to the next destination if we did not hurry up, causing a lot of mental stress to us. At the Venetian in Macao we were told that we will be picked and taken to ferry to return to Hong Kong. But nobody came. Thanks to the Venetian staff who put us on their shuttle so that we could board the ferry. At Hong Kong when we complained to the tour company, they assured that they would inquire regarding the lapses and contact us positively the next day. The company never even bothered to call up and apologize. We have been to different countries and taken tours never had we had such a miserable experience.

Visited October 2011