“Average”

Neighborhood: Quarry Bay
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Little to choose from, over rated, priced OK, very slow service- had to wait nearly 30minutes for poached eggs, only to find they had cooked them in the strongest vinegar- ruining the flavour!

Larry T, Manager at Feast, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi Nick,

It was a pleasure speaking with you. we appreciate the constructive feedback and have shared it with the team. Once again, I am very sorry you had to wait for your poached eggs during your last visit. I hope that you find the service during this current visit more effective and that we were able to exceed your expectations. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly should you need any further assistance.

Warmest Regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Terrible service”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I really want to like Feast, I do enjoy the food and it's beautiful inside.

However, I am constantly disappointed by they service. I have been here four times and every single time was upset by the wait staff.

We went for the Kidston afternoon tea set and they didn't give us the Kidston teapots because "all of them were in use" and gave us the standard silver teapot and white coffee mugs. We went for the event, to have beautiful Kidston inspired tea sets. There was no apology and we were charged the same price as the Kidston event even though we used their standard Feast drink wear.

We went a few other times for breakfast and consistently the wait staff has no idea how to serve! They are not very kind, not very helpful and downright rude at times. My son dropped some of his puffs on the floor, so I felt bad and was on my hands and knees picking them up. I wasn't expecting anyone to help me (even though it would have been nice if the staff helped) and three waiters stepped OVER MY BODY while I was picking it up. Instead of going around, they stepped OVER ME. I was furious.

Another time I asked for a high chair (which they have plenty) and it took over 30 mins to get one. Had to ask 5 times.

The hostess at the front nether said hello or goodbye. Just terrible, little things like that make a difference.

I am a food and family blogger for travel and I usually give a place a few tries before having an impression. I can honestly say that I don't recommend Feast at all, because of the service.

Being a hotel, it shouldn't be like this at all.

1 Thank anniegurumi
Larry T, Manager at Feast, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at Feast. I’m very sorry to learn that our team was unable to meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant time while at Feast and I have shared all of your feedback with them so we can continue improving. I did attempt to contact you directly through TripAdvisor, but unfortunately I have not received a response. Please contact me directly via email if you wish to provide us further details for improvement. I do hope you will give us another chance to change your perception around, and I remain at your service until then.

Feast Restaurant Manager
Hong Kong, China
“Unfriendly staff at the food counter”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

4 of us were served to be seated in this restaurant for the semi-buffet dinner but 1 of us has a late lunch so we ask for the a la carte menu and a surprising answer received. "We don't serve a la carte". Ok fine, we go for semi-buffet for 4 then.

The varieties of food on appetizer and dessert are good enough as a semi-buffet. And the quality is fair but the staff at the food counter is NOT really professional or friendly. When we walked to the seafood counter, there is only one kind of oyster is serving. A very straight forward question "what is this oyster?" was asked and the only reply from the staff who is opening the oyster is "Australia". My friend and I standing in front of him and trying to guess is that Coffin Bay / Rock / else, but the staff keep silent. As a customer in a restaurant, I am sure I have the rights to know what I am eating instead of guessing.

After the main courses were served, we went out for the ice-cream. It was nicely served on the cone but the ice-cream is melting. And the lady in the counter looks busy maybe she's the only one who is responsible on that area at the peak time. When my friend asks for another one, she is not responding & turns her back and work on her own thing.

The staff at the food counter really surprising me as the team in the dining area are very helpful and friendly. Also, this restaurant is located in a hotel. How can they represent their hotel, the group, and even Hong Kong......

• Visited April 2014
Larry T, Manager at Feast, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear SY,

It was very nice communicating back and forth via email with you regarding the experience at Feast you shared with the TripAdvisor community. I appreciate your time and assistance in providing further details so I could address the issue in the most effective manner. I am confident you will notice a difference during your next visit and as mentioned, please contact me directly so we can ensure you are well taken care of.

Best regards,

Feast Restaurant Manager
McLean, Virginia
“Great food, good value”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was the first meal we had in Hong Kong upon our arrival. I was happy with the semi-buffet, we were able to pay a flat fee and enjoy a freshly made entree and have a selection of everything else from appetizers, sides, and desserts through the buffet. I really enjoyed it, but I would say that you'd have to go there ready to eat for quite a long time because the food is all pretty rich, and there are so many choices that it would be worth your time and money to sit around and stay for a while.

Visited November 2013
Larry T, Manager at Feast, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your first meal in Hong Kong at Feast and that we exceeded your expectations. When you come back to Hong Kong, please don’t forget to visit us again. I will be right there to welcome you back.

Warmest regards,

EAST, Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Breakfast place at East”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had 2 breakfast sessions here. Generally, it is a nice layout of tables with full glass windows overlooking the street below. Cleanliness of the place and tables was evident, and gouod service from the staff. I thought the spread of variety could be larger, as compared to the other hotels I had stayed. The bottles of fruit juices are rather unique and handy. The egg menu is more extensive than other hotel breakfast, which I thought this is a very interesting idea.

• Visited April 2014
Larry T, Manager at Feast, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review. It is always nice to know that our guests enjoyed the environment and service at Feast. The breakfast menu was designed by our Executive Chef, Mr. David Parkin. I am sure he will be very happy when he sees your comments.

We look forward to see you again in a near future.

Warmest regards,