“Poor breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: AVA Restaurant Slash Bar is situated in bustling Tsimshatsui, on the 38th floor of Hotel Panorama by Rhombus. Serving exquisite modern international cuisine and innovative cocktails, AVA is the perfect venue for corporate events, a romantic evening or a fun night out with friends. Enjoy a delightful AVA-tini, AVA's signature cocktail, unwind over Happy Hour and party the night away every Thursday, Friday and Saturday, when DJs entertain crowds into the early hours of the morning. With its private spaces and fabulous 270-degree views of the Hong Kong skyline, AVA's also the best new address in town for special parties or celebrations, product launches, press conferences and wedding banquets.
Edmonton, Canada
“Poor breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had breakfast here for three mornings and none of them were amazing. They have a buffet with some egg dishes which could be ordered. Every morning we had to wait at least 20 minutes for my scrambled eggs. I mean how hard is that to do? I mean the selection on the buffet was good and we had plenty of food in the morning but how can you make customers wait for eggs when you're ONLY serving breakfast??

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Helenseaborne

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lynnwood, WA
“I really wanted to like it here!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I have walked past AVA many times and really wanted to go. With friends in town we thought it was a great opportunity.
The evening started well enough with nice cocktails. We should have been worried when there were 3 tables occupied at 7:30, but HK is a late eating town, so we did not think too much about it. By 8:30 however, no one else had come in...at all.
Hmmm
We ordered our appetizers and I must say my jumbo prawn was jumbo and really very nice! It was not "over truffle - oiled" and not tough. My husband had the crab salad. Also nice.
THEN...it went down hill.
My husband ordered wine. They brought the wrong bottle. OUR BAD...we accepted it and thankfully it was not more expensive (no bait and switch, just no attention to detail)

We ordered our dinners. I had pork loin, two had fish, and I'm not sure the 4 th dish. We also ordered sides for the table.
Our dinners came...no sides. We wait a second. Still no sides...Nothing...I call the waiter over, ask for the sides..."they are coming" another 15 min and they finally bring out one of the 3 sides. We were DONE with dinner.
The manager was called over and he of course wrote off the sides and paid for our cocktails....BUT....with 4 tables total...this lack of service Oh My.
The pork was just so so...very tough...They seemed to like the fish.
Sadly, the view could not make up for this and I don't think we will be back. Too bad, b/c it is with in walking distance of our flat. sigh

• Visited May 2012
Singapore
“Worth a try!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I'm surprised at the negative reviews. Both times we were there for breakfast, the place was quite full. We loved the view and service, and the buffet spread was more than decent. The staff were polite and friendly, and prompt in service. The food was pretty good too. We will try their lunch/dinner the next time we put up at Panorama Hotel!

• Visited April 2012
“Great view, bad food, worst service...”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The worst service you ever have, poor quality of the view.

Hong kong
“A very very very long way to go to match the best restaurant in hong kong”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I did not find any comment on this new Hong Kong restaurant at the time I wanted to go there and it should have triggered a warning. But there were so many very positive comments on blogs, that I decided to go. Well, now I know that these blogs were or subsidised or just know nothing about what good food is. Because I was not able to find anything to get excited about the food in this place. They pretend ton play in premier league, but they are far far far far away from it. The waiters are amateurish. They do not understand simple requests. The food itself was very basic. Except for the ice cream desert which is made and frozen in front of you with liquid nitrogen. They have started on the right foot. It will take them quite some time and a lot of efforts to fix it. Now you know. If if you go there and are disappointed, just blame yourself. Wait until 2013 to go there....if they made progress.

• Visited September 2011