“stunning view, stunning everything”

Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #120 of 7,948 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fortress Hill
Description: Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides, Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge offers a 188-degree harbour view from the very top of Harbour Grand Hong Kong. Savour modern European cuisine and seafood delights from our Oyster Bar in a romantic, intimate environment. Relax at any corner of the restaurant and enjoy high tea accompanied by the setting sun behind the Hong Kong skyline.
Milan
“stunning view, stunning everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The view is just amazing - the best venue I went to. The dishes are very good and the setting is fashionable and quite - so you can really relax.

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Good View, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The view is magnificent. Most importantly there were not a lot of people and so you could pretty much spend a quiet afternoon, overlooking the harbour. The staff were very attentive and polite. A la carte menu is great but you had better stay away from the afternoon tea which is far below average.

• Visited June 2014
lagos
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Loved the Food and Views and Staff service excellent.
I also felt very relaxed their Great ambience
Had nice buffet breakfast their ever day of my 9 nights stay at the Habour Grand Hong Kong

Visited April 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Magnificent Views of the Harbor but Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

You could enjoy magnificent views of the Victoria Harbor here. Yet the variety of food available as compared to its pricing is just average. The service is excellent. But the way they displayed the food needs more improvement, say no "special knife" for cutting cheese, use your own hand to pick up the oyster ?....

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Steve_HKSAR
Benoit H, Manager at Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear "Steve_NG_HK"

Greetings from Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge,

I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your personal details / date of your visit to our restaurant so that we can fully investigate the points you mentioned as this is definitely not the level of service that we aim to deliver.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the poor experience and kindly shared with us so that we have an opportunity to improve.

Benoit Heumez
Director of Guest Services
Email: benoith@harbourgrand.com
Singapore, Singapore
“Good view, below average food, not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is the 2nd time I have eaten here and wanted to give it a 2nd chance. Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations.

The service was good, I must say that, friendly and helpful staff.

Unfortunately the food was less than impressive. The veggies were so hard and I couldn't cut through them with my knife and the fish under cooked even for my liking. I sent it back and asked for another more well cooked piece with some veggies that I could cut into.

The fish that was returned was the same piece I had sent back, a little worse for wear after being reheated...not a new piece.

Not what I expected at a top restaurant and not what you expect for HK$500 /US$70 /£45

Very disappointing.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nikki K
Benoit H, Manager at Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear "NK10"

Greetings from Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It seems we have failed to deliver an experience that met with your expectations on more than one count and I sincerely would like to apologise.

I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your personal details / date of your visit to our restaurant so that we can fully investigate the points you mentioned. This will also allow us to implement any remedial actions as this is definitely not the level of service that we aim to deliver.

Benoit Heumez