“another mall but great japanese food”
Review of iSQUARE

iSQUARE
Ranked #132 of 828 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, iSQUARE is a massive shopping and entertainment complex. Its unique design and retail concept, superb location, and innovative use of high technology and multimedia art afford the visitor an unprecedented shopping experience.
Tétange
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“another mall but great japanese food”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This brand new shopping mall is located on Kowloon's most crowded street: Nathan Road.
When I stared at the iSquare building, I was most impressed by its translucid facade (entirely made of enormous glass panels and steal) through which you see giant escalators connecting the many different floors. So I decided to have a look at this from the inside and I rode the escalators up and down until I had lost my orientation, which is easy because of the absurd way the floors are connected to each other.
I realised during my wandering that the shops are not the most interesting ones in my opinion.
However, there is a great variety of japanese restaurants on the floors 5 and 7 (or was is 6 and 8?) that teased me. I came back later (and used the elevator) to try one of them out. Nishiki Don was fabulous, even if lacked in atmosphere.
On the top floor, there is a cinema complex. On the basement floor, you'll find a supermarket with a fine assortment of goods and some other food-shops.

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“iSquare Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Sitting on the former site of the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong in one of the prime shopping district in Kowloon, one block walking distance from the Hong Kong harbour and just above the busiest subway Station, TST. iSquare has everything under your fingertips. From movies, to high fashion, to jewelleries, watches, supermarket and a lots of restaurants to choose from. High end Chinese dim sum restaurants sits on the top floors, casual all-day dining for all types of cuisines. Clean, modern, spacious, luxurious and a very pleasant change from the busy shopping alleys of old Kowloon. Clean toilets, good access to elevators and escalators.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank HenriettaHo
Guangzhou, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Market place - I square - check out counter ripp off!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On the 02 Feb, 2013. My partner and I were doing some supermarket shopping at I SQUARE
market place. At first. we got some wine which was on special, when we were at the check out counter, we were charged a higher price. when we quiried the lady at the counter she suggested that they have forgotten to compute this wine special on the computer.

Then we bought 4 bottles of Tika masala. The price on the shalve was HK$ 40.00 -
Again at the check out we were charged Hk 42.50 -

Then the pita bread we bought 10 pices. For 5 pices we were charged HK$ 14.90 each.
and for another 5 pices ( exactley the same ) we were cahrged Hk$ 15.50 -

How can any supermarket make 3 erros . What excuse they have for such business activity ?

Visited February 2013
Nether Whitacre, United Kingdom
279 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“Great Restaurants”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a large shopping centre. Went there a few times, but mainly for the restaurants. The shops aren't to bad, a lot of top branded names, but there is a couple of shops that is more appealing to the normal budget person which isn't going to break the bank! The restaurants there are pretty good, which you can see in my other reviews.

As mentioned before, the escalators are rather confusing and it's not easy to get on the right one to the main exit lobby.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank pandamedic
Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Impressive IMAX theater in an oddly sterile mall”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I went to see "The Dark Knight Rises" at the UA IMAX theater in iSquare and was impressed by the quality of the projection, sound and seating. It's best to buy tickets ahead online because the theater sells tickets for specific seats. I ended up going to the 9:15AM screening to get a good seat. Five stars for the theater.

Two stars for the mall.
I found the mall to be a sterile empty feeling place with a huge amount of space dedicated to a slightly confusing system of escalators.

1 Thank Dresus