“Great high end hot dogs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Central
Neighborhood: Central
Singapore, Singapore
“Great high end hot dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

So after the wave of gourmet burgers swept through Hong Kong, I suppose it was only logical that we'd have an attempt to serve high-end hot dogs. I have to say, it's a pretty good effort. After you've been given a choice of six different mustards with your sausage, it's pretty hard to go back to anything else.

Service is very friendly and helpful. If like me you detest ketchup but love mustard, they'll happily exchange condiments, not give you a blank stare like some other establishments; atmosphere I have to mark as average because it's just a big white room with some tables - if you've got fascinating friends it will be great, if you're there all on your own it will be quiet.

There's a very good selection of hot dogs - at least ten different versions, including a very good vegetarian one, and the buns come in healthy rye as well as normal versions. Well, as healthy as a hot dog can be. The set meal, of hot dog and fries or salad is a good - well, it tastes good. Fried food is never going to be good for you if that's all you eat, but the french fries here are delicious and crispy.

There's a wide range of Belgian beers available too. Probably a bit ostentatious, but if you're buying high-end hot dogs, perhaps a glass of an obscure beer from Belgium is appropriate.

If I could eat here every night I could. But if I ate here every night I'd be the size of a walrus, so I can't.

• Visited December 2011