“Great steak if you can afford it”

Bistecca Italian Steak House
Ranked #113 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: A new concept in fine dining Italian style. With rustic themes of Tuscany, Bistecca brings a touch of Italy to the heart of Lan Kwai Fong. Sizzling steaks, fresh pasta, wonderful antipasto and desserts, all with an Italian influence is what Bistecca is about. Supported by a stunning array of Italian wines, Bistecca introduces superb dining with a provincial Italian touch.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wow 16oz Sirloin takes a lot of eating, not for the fool hardy.excellent restaurant the steak is great but it is very expensive and in bad need of improved air conditioning. Better book it is extremely popular

There are newer reviews for Bistecca Italian Steak House

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been to this place twice and I was never disappointed. The fist time I had the fiorentina steak which was superb, the second I had the filet mignon also really good.
The selection of wines is very good and the service really friendly. I will definitively be back to this place.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's a nice cosy environment and of course a fantastic location. A great place to fuel up with meat before a night of partying.

There were 6 of us and we shared some chips, mushrooms and fried zucchini which was just nice because we each order a huge steak. Of course the guys went for 28oz delmonico and I had the 16oz ribeye. Wished I went for the 28oz because it looked really good. I couldn't resist and took a piece and wow!

Dessert was an affogato with almond ice cream. I'm a fan especially because I love almonds. Would definitely come back again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Bistecca's meats are great but the rest is a bit disappointing. As in all the expensive steak houses in Hong Kong we were expecting a stellar service, high quality food and a satisfying evening but we were left a bit disappointed. The ambience is cozy and the place looks nice and lively. The service was a bit sloppy from some members of the staff. Our steaks were great but the sides and other dishes did not do the delicious meat any justice.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

As Canadians living in India, we often long for a good steak so when we travel it's always the same question: "where's the beef?". Last December, we found Bistecca in LKF in HK and it was so good, we decided to go again while we were there last weekend.

I made the reservation by email and rec'd confirmation from the restaurant. We were set. So on Saturday, we had a full day of sightseeing and shopping and headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Only to find a note under our door stating that if we didn't reconfirm by 6pm, we would lose the reservation. Considering I already had a confirmation which did not indicate I had to reconfirm the day of the reservation, I found this message somewhat disturbing. What would've happened if I hadn't returned to the hotel before dinner?. Nonetheless, we reconfirmed and headed out for our big steak dinner.

We ordered the Delmonico steak to split between us with sides of mushroom and thrice cooked fries but the main focus was on the steak -- it was delicious. Matched with an excellent Australian Shiraz, the dinner was exactly what we had hoped.

Sadly, the service did not match the food. It was slow, unprofessional, and mistakes on the bill at the end of the meal. I was so disappointed that we spent that much money on a wonderful evening only to be let down by the wait staff.

There are too many great restaurants in Hong Kong with amazing food so I have no reason to return to Bistecca for poor service. Perhaps it was a bad night for them, but for the $$ we spent, that's their problem, not mine.

Now looking for a new steakhouse for our next visit to HK (the greatest city in the world).