“Best steak in Hong Kong”

Bistecca Italian Steak House
Ranked #103 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: A new concept in fine dining Italian style. With rustic themes of Tuscany, Bistecca brings a touch of Italy to the heart of Lan Kwai Fong. Sizzling steaks, fresh pasta, wonderful antipasto and desserts, all with an Italian influence is what Bistecca is about. Supported by a stunning array of Italian wines, Bistecca introduces superb dining with a provincial Italian touch.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Bistecca on a recent visit to Hong Kong. We did not have a reservation and it was getting late but the fabulous staff checked with the chef who said we were good to go.

Having been introduced to this place a couple of years ago on our last visit to HK all I can say things have not changed.

The food, atmosphere and staff were excellent. We both had fillet steak with a salad and the superb potato mash.

I am sorry that other reviwers did not get the great food and service I had but if I ever find myself in HK again I would not hesitate to go there again

1  Thank Nicky A
There are newer reviews for Bistecca Italian Steak House

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have heard about this Italian restaurant serving a good choice of meat. The scenery was nice. The food was good and of high quality. We were really disappointed by the quality of the service. For the price, we expected a high quality of service. The restaurant was not full and there was plenty of waiters standing up doing nothing, and even if our table was in the middle of the restaurant, it was hard to get their attention and each request they couldn't understand and need another waiter to help. I think the restaurant should put more effort into training the staff, knowing the prices the restaurant sell its food.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Steaks we had were hard to chew. The middle part of meat had a tendon that made it difficult to chew the meat apart even though they were medium rare. Yes they done the medium rare well. They might had gotten our sauces wrong too but we did checked with them and they say yeah its correct. The food was ok not wow. The worst part is ?: They charged us 2 bottles of wine when we had only one. mind you we had less than an hour to finish the dinner as we did not make a reservation and the next reservation is up next hour so we were supposed to finish by 8pm( arrived around 7pm) Yes I should have checked the bills carefully but well its over and a realized this a few days later. Also the lady that gave us the wine menu asked "So do you want to order the wine or not?" Well, I let you decide on this. The place may look nice with its wooden tables and cozy feel but I had this feeling of wanting to get out of there quickly which I should have. So verdict is : not worth the price you are paying for. Go to a nice hotel or restaurant for this kind of price. And do check your bills before signing!

1  Thank marfy
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our first night in hong kong. A little hard to find and strange going into a lobby area to take a lift up to the restaurant but it works.

We were a little tired after our 12 hr flight but were greeted nicely. It is a steak house but they didn't seem to be too prepared to make something that wasn't steak - not having a few of the non steak options available to order. Once the food came it was absolutely delicious but not exactly what we wanted. the focaccia bread on the house was also great.

The service was ok but we felt a little neglected in the corner and had to wait a small amount of time to replace a knife that was dropped on the floor.

Overall great tasting food but a few little tweaks and this could make it great

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The only reason I added for the money is because the Intercontinental Hotel Steakhouse is on par but more expensive.
Bistecca is too cool. Located in Lan Kwai Fong, the funnest place to be, on a second floor hideaway, the service and ambience is superlative.
The wine list is extensive but bring a fat wallet.
The meat was surprisingly good and the cooking of it and all the sides, salads, desserts were wunderbar....
My new favorite restaurant in a town with lots of great ones.