“Great service and vibrantly excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Linguini Fini

Linguini Fini
Ranked #675 of 7,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Hong Kong, China
“Great service and vibrantly excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I returned to Linguini Fini a few days ago, and were pleasantly reminded of how good a restaurant this place is, especially as it's been a few months since the last visit. We found the staff and duty manager knowledgeable, attentive and friendly, and as for the food, I cannot write enough good things about it. Please note that, in writing this, I'm not naiively gushing, "It was 'yummy'" about ordinary calzone fare; rather, as my family and I are "frequent flyers" to some quite good Italian restaurants here in Hong Kong and in Asia region (e.g., Nicholini's, Grissini and Da Domenico in HK, Il Teatro in Macau, Angelini in Bangkok, etc.), I am confident in saying that Linguini Fini, while more low-key in style, is really right up there with these other excellent Italian restaurants.

On this last visit, we were pleased to find that the menu has remained fairly stable since our last visit, and so we could indulge in some fondly-remembered favorites, including their remarkable burrata, as well as some new items. Both our HK-based and out-of-town guests, all of them well-traveled business people, commented on how good it was. Our HK guest is now keen to have her law firm schedule their regular out-of-office dinner meetings there.

It's worth commenting that this restaurant is a creation of the excellent Posto Pubblico team. This team is unlike most of the HK assembly-line "restaurant groups" that, all too often, put quality way down their priority list, and focus instead on the tactics of "throw everything against the wall and see what sticks", then "lather, rinse, repeat" (opening many ill-managed outlets) for any concept that shows a profit. Instead, Posto Pubblico have a reputation for originating refreshingly novel restaurants with well-crafted food, great staff training...and then they keep it up, focusing on quality rather than quantity (of outlets). A far better long-term profit strategy, frankly.

Above, I mentioned that Linguini Fini is, by design, deliberately relaxed in tone--perhaps some visitors are confused by this artfully comfortable and low-key approach (e.g., classic galvanized table tops, local HK graffiti art as decoration, etc.), or by mention of some reviewers that it is "New York style" (thus perhaps making one think it's a pizza parlour). The reality is very, very good: excellent food (sourced via organic farms here in Hong Kong), well-trained and friendly service. In my opinion, it's tough to go wrong with this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Robert L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Kata Beach, Thailand
“Good enough to come back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

After reading some reviews, we were not so sure if we should give it a try. But as it was not too far from our Hotel (IBIS)we went, and were pleasantly surprised. We shared Calamari fritti (Very good)
Then we had 1 spaghetti putanesca and one spaghetti with pork liver (very good) and the passion fruit desert. We drank a bottle of Nero d'Avola, 2 glasses of Shiraz, and a bottle of San Pelegrino. 1'500 HK$. Not exactly cheap. But the place was fully booked. The staff was friendly and very quick.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went here on our holiday the other week after it was recommended. I was thoroughly disappointed not just by the food but also the price. Generic poorly executed pasta dishes which were thoroughly overpriced. Worst of all they charged $130 for WATER! Just water!!!!!! I have never been so shocked in my life! I would recommend that you go elsewhere and save your money!

• Visited July 2013
“No staff serves you AT ALL...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I made reservation at 8pm, when I walked in the place is packed ....
NO ONE SERVES AT ALL like giving us the menu, pouring the water or take orders.
When I tried to order and I asked a waitress and she said "sorry only SENIOR WAITRESS can order"... Seriously, it's like I'm begging for a meal and take my order... I'M PLANNING TO PAY YOU KNOW?!
I just left and no one even asked me why

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Carrie_yeung
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Food, Casual Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here on a recent trip to Hong Kong. The restaurant has a casual, fun atmosphere. The food is good - though not the best Italian food I have had. It was a little frustrating when they did not have three of the four things we ordered - especially since we were there on a Saturday night around 7:30pm - which you would think is prime dinner time. It was especially frustrating when they did not have their signature dish - the one we came for. All in all, it was a good meal and I would reccomend it if you are craving some red sauce Italian food.

• Visited May 2013