“A lovely place for lunch.. adn most probably dinner as well!”
Review of Island Tang - CLOSED

Island Tang
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“A lovely place for lunch.. adn most probably dinner as well!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had a small selection of dim sum here for lunch on my trip to Hong Kong. I was by myself so I was given a table straight away... if you're in a group then I would imagine you do need to book ahead - especially for dinner.

The staff were friendly and very attentive. I think I drank my weight in Oolong tea. The dim sum I had was simple and filling. I had some steamed vegetarian dumplingin rice pastry, quite plain - I didn't get a dipping sauce to go with this one. The second dish was a spicy (but not too spicy) chicken dumpling in an egg pastry... steamed. These I highly recommend - I'm sorry I just can't remember the correct name.

Highly recommend a visit... especially if you can't get a table in the China Club.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Another great dim sum spot”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Crammed with business lunches so book ahead! (or come a little on the late side). I highly recommend the set dim sum menus.

Visited October 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Excellent and friendly service, eager to explain all the dishes and how they are supposed to be eaten. Dim sum were great, birds nest which follewed also and the whole barbecued chicken with rice and noodles were also very delicious. Certainly an adress to retain en go back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kuni07
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Every visitor must visit. This is located at Galleria, near Mandarin Oriental by Central MTR Station. The chinese food and dim sum is absolutely yummy. The service is prompt, friendly and attentive.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank alexsfish
London
“Average food, sky-high prices, POOR service! a Rip-off!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went there for lunch on a Saturday, restaurant about 70% full. Nice decor, a mix of east and west. Very POOR service! We were 3 people but were give only 2 menus, after sitting down for 5 mins there was no offering for any water, tea or drinks. Food quality only average for Hong Kong standard, but with the sky-high prices, we would expect a slightly better over-all experience.
Poor service contines, no plate change once for the entire lunch, all in all, an unpleasant dinning experience.

I would not recommend Island Tang to my fellow tripadvisor memebers.

• Visited September 2012