“Disappointing waste of time”
Review of Mr. Taco Truck - CLOSED

Mr. Taco Truck
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Quarry Bay
Neighborhood: Quarry Bay
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The staff are lazy and unhelpful. Was like asking a 8 year old about the menu items.

The menu is a lie and the hot sauce just looks spicy, but they all tasted the same --- flavorless.

If I was stupid to go back again, I'll bring my own Tabasco.

Food just looks good, but tasted like dried dog food --- sorry cafe 7-11 would be more tasty!

Worse I spent hk$150 there for 2 tacos, 1 enchilada, 1 coffee. Then went to another restaurant to eat properly.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was visiting HK as an American expat living in mainland China and craving some good Mexican food. I was prepared for small portions and high prices, but this place took it to a new level. The waitress was entirely unfriendly to a Chinese friend who couldn't pronounce a few Spanish words, ok no big deal.
I ordered the Enchiladas with Salsa Verde and one fish taco. It arrived quickly, but was literally served on a small salad plate. the enchiladas are tiny(think hot dog width.) the menu clearly states that all enchiladas are served with rice and beans. mine arrived with a tiny bit of lettuce and carrots("a salad") with no salad dressing, and no rice or beans. The other people I was with got the same salad with their enchilada orders. I asked the waiter why we didn't get rice and beans and he told me there was a "mistake" on the menu. The 3 enchiladas were tiny and none of us were full at all(including two 100 pound girls.) My fish taco never arrived and after I asked the waitress where it was she went and talked to the kitchen, came back a few minutes later and asked me if I still wanted it. I did, I was still starving despite finishing our food. The waitress was not apologetic, or even polite. All in all, the food was ok and better than standard Asian Mexican food, but the portions were tiny and I would need two entrees to come close to filling me up. I will never go back to this restaurant, and I don't appreciate being lied to with "mistakes" on the menu. Also, the service was pretty much awful and I don't think they deserve a 10% service charge for what is basically a taco stand.
BIG THUMBS DOWN

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The mushroom quesadillas are so so good! They also make really nice nachos and guacamole. It's a nice little place!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Love the enchiladashere (although portions are small, we made it to 12 enchiladas for 4 people!) and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Been back many times.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place but it was a bad idea. The food was not good, the meat was old and the owner is not friendly. When we walked out we saw some rats on the street just outside the restaurant. Ok that Hong Kong is dirty in general, but this was too much