“Fantastic Food - Awesome Service”
Review of Lily and Bloom

Lily and Bloom
Ranked #637 of 10,368 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Took my baby there for her birthday, our server was Giles(don't laugh) who was awesome.

Starters:
Oyster shooters: 1 tequila - 1 champagne
Cluster : oysters clams prawns n abalone
Crab n shrimp casserole

Mains
Cod
pork chop & ribs
Mac n cheese

Wine list was good and not too over priced, food was great.

I had called the staff earlier in the day and they proactively offered a mini cake for the birthday, staff come out with the desert she had ordered presented with a candle and "Happy Birthday P______", fully personalized and sang happy birthday.

Flawless food ad execution - 11/10

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was visiting HK for a few days and a friend took me to Lily & Bloom on Saturday night for dinner.

We were given a comfy circular booth in a quiet corner on the lower level where we could sit back and relax but still feel like we were part of the action. For a busy Saturday night the service was surprisingly efficient without being unduly rushed. The setting is quite dramatic and it works well with the prohibition era theming. The food was fab. My French Onion soup was sweet and aromatic, but the stand out dish was the Iberico pork chop and smoked ribs served with braised red cabbage. It was truly sublime.

I'm a Singapore chick and our little island is known as foodie heaven so I'm hoping Lily & Bloom is looking to expand of else I'll be trekking back to HK sooner rather than later. Wading through the throngs of 'beautiful' people on the way out was another matter altogether...

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We were a groupd of 12 people and everybody was very happy with the food they ordered.

Service was good, professional. What you'd expect.

Atmosphere: Trendy restaurant with background music ( not too loud, so it was easy to talk).

Location: In the LKF hotel, close to all the happening clubs and bars in HK

Price: Very expensive. We paid about 1200HKD per person for Appetizer, Main, Wine and Bday cake..

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Having heard great things about Lily and Bloom we decided to give it a try. What a disappointment. First, the menu was really strange. As we read about each dish- you would always find some ingredient that just didn't fit. It was very hard to settle on anything that looked good. I tried the shrimp and crab casserole. This would imply some kind of simple but rich tasting dish. Instead it had some bizarre curry like spice to it (not noted in any way on the menu). It also packed a heavy odor of bad fish. The portion was tiny. I tried the French onion soup. Zero flavor. I could have simply ordered a glass of water and had more taste. Last was the risotto. Again, zero flavor to it. I ordered some parmesan cheese and literally dumped a whole bowl into the dish to try and flavor it up. Not sure where they are getting their ingredients but the cheese was of such poor quality and had little taste. Overall- a huge disappointment. Wont be going back anytime soon. A quick note- some of my local friends here told me the menu recently changed. Whatever the case- the menu is downright bizarre, does not give true indication as to what is in the dish, and is to a point misleading. The food quality is poor. A bad experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Overall good food, service and atmosphere. I went with two coworkers. The food was good. I had the Alaskan cod, which was good. It was served with very large asparagus. Enjoyed the overall experience