“Lovely lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sai Wan
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Staying at my nearby hotel and made sure I had time for lunch here. Set lunch only 98 hkd. Cesar salad, brilliant, crispy cos lettuce with great dressing and loads of Parmesan. Chefs special roast duck, with crispy roast potatoes very nice, no need fot any adjustment to seasoning. Tart tatin all caramel and the cream, great. Caraf of french burgundy and a coffe. Total Hkd 381, all with very good attentive service and great wifi.

A must when in Hobg Kong.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ShanghaiWineGuy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
“A little gem in Kennedy Town neighbourhood”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was staying with my cousin for a few days who live in Kennedy Town and we decided to have dinner outside on Sunday night. For those who are not familiar – KT is on the west side of HK Island and a mere 15 min on taxi from Central. Most of the restaurants were full by the time we got down for dinner and we did not make a reservation anywhere. Whilst we poked our head into the restaurant and saw that it was already pretty full, we asked if we can sit outside – which is basically 3-4 bar stools with a table top facing the side road with the main door behind us. We was thinking that if any tables emptied out, we can move inside but the waiter basically said that they have the second seating too. My cousin also mentioned that she heard that it was difficult to get reservations too and she had never tried the restaurant. We never got to go inside the restaurant – basically it looked plain and simple and can sit around 35 people or so but I think it could be noisy if full. Our bread was served quickly – I was hoping that there could be a better or more interesting bread basket. Our orders were taken quickly with recommendations for us to try the rabbit main course and the fresh oysters. We decided to share an artichoke salad – it was very well executed, with a quarter of a hard-boiled egg with a slightly runny egg yolk and tossed with parmesan cheese shavings and black truffle oil. Very pleased with the selection. I had the yellow fin tuna dish – was originally to be served with lentil and bacon but I asked for a change to a cooked vegetable (due to the bacon which I don’t take) – the waiter was professional and checked with me a couple of times to make sure they got a right substitution. The portion was big and served with freshly blanched little green peas (really tiny ones which were delicious and sweet). Fish was done just right but I guessed with the substitution that I asked for, maybe it was lacking a little ‘sparkle’. My cousin had the roasted half chicken – a good-sized portion, crispy on the outside and still juicy and tender on the inside – even the white meat was moist – it was excellent and with mashed potatoes that she could not stop eating. Our food came really fast which fits us well. The price was very reasonable for an expensive place like HK. Recommended if you are on the west side and looking for good-value French cuisine in a lovely local neighborhood.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Meowmeow6
Shanghai, China
“Unpretentious, very good food and reasonable.”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

It was near my Hotel in the upcoming part of Hong Kong, Kennedy Town and recommend by an old friend. Saturday lunch, restaurant was full with a good mix of people. Five of us had our Christmas get together. Nice interiors and very pleasant staff. Service was excellent, at hand but never pushy.

Wines are reasonably priced, we had the Puilly Fuisse and an Aussie Pinot, both about HKD 300+. I had some good oysters to start and then the Steak Tartar as a main course with crunchy potatoes roasted in goose fat on the side – the Tartar was just perfect, the addition of whole green peppercorns gave a nice piquant crunchy vibe to the dish. Meat was properly chopped, not minced to a pulp as is sometimes usual. Old friend had the grilled mackerel cooked well and very tasty. Mushroom Risotto was also enjoyed.

Ordered a mix of desserts for the table, all were delicious – Lemon Tart lip-puckeringly good, Tart Tatin all caramel apples and sweetness.

I will definitely return, even if I am not staying nearby.

• Visited December 2011