“Awesome Thay food”

Lil' Siam Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Lil’ Siam Thai Restaurant, located in the trendy neighborhood of SoHo on Elgin Street, takes its cue from the long-standing Café Siam. The façade of Lil’s Siam is reminiscent of the wooden shop houses that line the back-streets of Bangkok, with push out window shutters, all made entirely of salvaged wood from an old fishing boat. The interior is warmed with wooden,mirror-accented walls, blends with chic lighting and copper elements laminating contemporary hues and comfort, creating an evoking mood of a wonderful Thai vacation.
Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Thay food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Simply the best Thay food I've ever eaten!! Small risto but good atmosphere. I had pineapple rice and red curry.....wow!

• Visited June 2013

Hong Kong
“Good Thai Food”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Strolling through Soho with friends and decided to give this place a try for dinner. We got there just before the dinner rush so no wait for a table but it quickly filled up. The restaurant is located just off the escalators in a great area so atmosphere is good. Service was fine, our waitress was friendly and answered questions about the menu. Prices are pretty standard for the area that your in. I got the spring rolls for a starter which were good and the Pad Thai which was very good. Nice place for Thai food if your in the area, I'm sure I will be back again!

• Visited April 2013
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“60 minutes for a fried rice and poor service”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I never write reviews but after my experience at Lil Siam, I thought I would document this.

We arrived at the restaurant with only 1 table of 6 persons present, we were the second table to arrive (3 persons).

We ordered the set lunch at HK $98 + 10% for a soup and main course which is quite standard around Central.
My colleague and I ordered a Fried Rice and another colleague ordered a Pad Thai. At this point, my impression of the waiter was not good. When you asked her a question and she could not understand - her reply would be "What?" in a very rude manner.

They served the soup and we weren't too excited about it - looked like a big bowl of MSG with some veg, tofu and minced pork. Taste was okay.

Whilst having the soup, other tables started to arrive and soon the restaurant was full. We sat patiently waiting for our main courses to arrive. 30 minutes later, everyone else in the restaurant was eating apart from us. We asked the waiter to chase our food since we were in a hurry - which he replied okay. 15 minutes later - still no sign of food and we saw another table being served fried rice. As this point, we were ready to get up and leave, when we saw the waitress bring out 2 Pad Thai's but did not approach our table first. She said one Pad Thai to one table and then approached our table.

After serving the Pad Thai to my colleague, we asked about the other 2 fried rice main dishes and why was our food taking so long. Her reply was "We are waiting for other tables so that we can cook them altogether." What kind of response is this! SO if another table was to order fried rice, does this mean we have to wait again? The server was not apologetic at all. After complaining, we still had to wait another 15 minutes.

When the food came, I had lost my appetite due to the waiting and the rude staff. I would never come back here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Manders1610
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Thai in Soho”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lovely satay, quick service (it was early evening), cheap, right in the mmiddle of Staunton St next to the mid level escalators.

Visited December 2012
Malaysia
“Luverly Lil' Siam”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been there a few times before but this was my wife's first visit, along with some friends. This is a lil' on the pricey side but then this is Hong Kong and it is in the heart of Soho. Having said that, I think the food is most enjoyable - not quite traditional Thai but it has a slight fusion/modern touch to it. Try the pomelo salad - great; and the more traditional som tam.
Reasonable service, excellent menu choices and very enjoyable. My one complaint is that the tables are a bit cheek by jowl but then its all part of the fun of Hong Kong.
We will go back - worth a visit and enjoyable in our view.

• Visited November 2012