“Rosary Church in Kowloon, Hong Kong”
Review of Kowloon City

$136.76*
Private Kowloon and New Territories Tour
Ranked #77 of 848 things to do in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Rosary Church, Chatham Road, the oldest Catholic Church on the Kowloon Peninsula, was founded a century ago. Fr. Giovanni M. Spada (1867 -1950), recorded that at the time of the Boxer Uprising in 1900, Great Britain had mobilized several regiments to Hong Kong to be stationed in Kowloon.

2  Thank yam_mari

Reviewed March 9, 2013

After marveling over the city's mix of 'east-meets-west' and being happily entwined in the a bustling, captivating and charismatic island, it was time to cross over to Kowloon. With a choice of taxi, train and ferry, I chose to cross over to Kowloon by the Star Ferry. Hong Kong was hot and humid so travelling by ferry offering panoramic views of the harbour and fresh breeze as the boat booped on the water was a wise move according to taxi driver dropping me off at the IFC mall; Hong Kong's tallest office building housing luxury shopping mall, Four Seasons Hotel, cinemas and world finance companies all under one beautiful tower.

Kowloon is a tourists dream and a bank manager's nightmare! Kowloon is a city that never sleeps. Bright and colourful street lights and signage. At the tip of Kowloon peninsula is the popular Tsim Sha Tsui with a variety of shopping malls, historical landmarks and restaurants. I think I eat myself around the world. I don't think I have ever been this adventurous with food before. Feasting my way through Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Chinese and off course western dishes in Kowloon's Food District over the duration of my stay. The food was fresh, tasty and delightfully heaven on the lips!

Peking Road and Canton Road offer unrivaled luxury brands stores and across is Harbour City and Hong Kong's largest shopping mall. With 450 shops, I am sure even Carey Bradshaw would be sent in a tail spin at the end to end line of luxury shopping on offer in Kowloon.

1  Thank ItsAllBee
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love Thai food and the Thai ppl here, they are nice and with nice food. This is the little Thai area in Hong Kong, the only setback is that there is no MTR going to the district but you can see the real life of HK ppl, not like central or LAN Kwai Fong , you can explore another side of HK local lives. I have try a nice local restaurant where the shop keeper is friendly, and explain to me about their dish (thou they don't speak good English). They serve classic Hong Kong dishes, the environment is not good but the food are tasty, I especially love the Hong Kong Style milk tea, worth a try! They even providing wi-fi which is not common in the restaurant in the area, I gonna pay another visit there on my next trip!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in Kowloon during our visit to Hong Kong. It’s a colorful place with old buildings. Many choice of shops and restaurants in market.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Personally, I think Kowloon is the better district of Hong Kong. Easy access to airport and other parts of Hong Kong, but away from the hustle and bustle of the busy Hing Kong shopping streets and expensive hotels.