“Excellent, relaxing, private foot massage”
Review of Happy Foot

Happy Foot
Ranked #15 of 102 Spas & Wellness in Hong Kong
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent, relaxing, private foot massage”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went in early evening but there were no open slots. So it was good that they were busy. We came back after dinner and got a one hour foot massage with a 30 minute shoulder massage add-on. The facilities were very clean. They have a row of large chairs for foot massages and private rooms. The rooms are nice, quiet and a few stories up from the street level. It could have been more relaxing with some massage music. About average value for the quality.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mark M

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

You have to remember HK is not Thailand or Indonesia Bali (or even China Shen-Zhen across the border) This city simply do not have great massage places at an affordable price level. Well, HK still has 5 star hotels which offer excellent Spa experiences (Pennisula & Four Seasons, etc), but anywhere in the world can offer you good spa experience, if you are willing to pay big bucks and do some research.

Anyways, I tried several 'around HKD200 per hour' foot massages in HK. (I live in HK and I love to get foot massage once a week or two on the way home from work) Out of all of them, Happy foot is at least the most decent of them all, providing decent massage at decent ambience.

The reason I do not say 'fantastic' is because they are not fantanstic. You can only say that in Thailand at 200 HKD price level. I tried Tai Pan, which ranks very high in HK's 'to do list', but I can assure you that Happy Foot is much better.

So in summary, if you wan casual foot massage in HK, I recommend to try Happy Foot. (both Wanchai & Central branch has good location and similar service/ ambience level) However, if you want a great massage, pay 1500 HKD and go to Pennisula ESPA. Or, if you want even greater massages, try other cities that I mentioned above.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank BBHCZ
New Jersey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“HK = Foot massage”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I asked a good Chinese friend of mine what to do in HK. She had not been here in years but did say one thing I should do: Foot Massage.
I stayed at the Four Seasons and "Happy Foot" was recommended by the concierge. My feet were so happy after the massage that I tagged on a body massage - total clothes on, so no worries.
Go. Enjoy!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Varnelas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“An absolute must in HK”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great foot massage will definitely be back. Go for the 75 mins deluxe massage - feet, arms and shoulders. Bliss

1 Thank Mars B
genève
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A joke...”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We are used to getting foot massages in Asia and this experience was by far one of the least professional ones...
We went to happy foot luxe (lyndhurst terrace 1), which is supposed to be the 'nice' version of the massage place happy foot. The place is well-located, in Central Hong Kong, but luxe is just a word they added...it is not a luxury spa at all!!!
We booked a 50-minute foot massage a day in advance. The massage lasted 50', nothing more nothing less: 40 ' of foot massage and 10' of shoulder massage...the 'therapists' didnt know what they were doing, they just kept rubbing our feet during 45 minutes...and fortunately i told my 'therapist' i wanted a soft massage, because my boyfriend got the super strong version...(and he is used to strong deep tissue massages). When they felt something sore or tensed...they kept rubbing and pushing hard without releasing any tensions...the shoulder massage was the worst part: once again they were just putting a lot of pressure on the tensed parts without massaging anything, it was really painful!!!
I left with back pains and i even had bruises a few hours later in my lower back, which isnt normal!

To sum up: quality has no price!!! Go to a more expensive place and get a really professional massage by trained therapists!!

The spa at the Langham place hotel in mongkok is really good (about $100 for an oil massage).

Visited December 2011