“Amazing, the best tour ever!”
Review of Big Foot Tour

Big Foot Tour
Ranked #5 of 76 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Award-winning Hong Kong walking tours as featured in Lonely Planet, ABC and The Sunday Province. Recommended by Hong Kong Tourism Board. Visit Big Foot Tour website for more details · Inside scoops of untold stories, local eats and hidden gems · Engaging and passionate local tour guides · Fluent English · No forced shopping · No scripted presentation · Discover Hong Kong through our top-rated Hong Kong Walking Tours, Food Tours and Private Tours today!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We did a tour yesterday with Ski, she and the tour was amazing. We had a 12 and 15 year old boys, who learnt so much and enjoyed the experience. We ate authentic food, visited back streets, markets, temples,schools, playgrounds, parks, learnt history and experienced the real Hong Kong away from the glitz and big stores. Can't recommended this unconditionally. Thanks Ski you made our trip.

1  Thank Klbryant
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you, Klbryant, for taking time out of your trip to write a review for me. I really appreciate it! Your boys are cool and intelligent. I'm impressed by the questions that they asked as well as the perspectives they have on Hong Kong. (I also like how they did a count on the number of tailors that approached them on Nathan Road the day before the tour. I remembered the number went as high as 45!) I hope they manage to find something that they fancy at the computer centre and you manage to shop for some great bags from our local boutiques and shopping mall!

Happy Holidays!

in 208 reviews
"insight"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I used Hong Kong as a stop over on our way to a 3 week holiday in Europe. We only had 2 days so we wanted to see as much as we could. Having our 2 children with us aged 14 and 13 we wanted to give them a true experience of life in Hong Kong.
I came across Big Foot Tours on the internet and thought this is exactly what I was looking for. I was not wrong, the tour was excellent and highly recommend it to everyone wanting to see the REAL Hong Kong. Joe was our guide and he was fantastic. He was very knowledgeable and became instant hit with my 2 children because of his wonderful nature.
If in Hong Kong this tour is a must do!!

1  Thank 49iceman
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you, 49iceman, for your recommendation. We can't say this enough, but nothing gives us more satisfaction than knowing that we have made our guests happy! We love showing our guests the real Hong Kong. By exploring back alleys and sharing interesting stories, we hope our guests can gain a deeper understanding of Hong Kong and notice the little things that make this country ticks. So once again, thank you for this wonderful chance to show you and your family around! Here's a note from your guide, Joe:

Hi 49iceman,

I hope your trip around Europe, especially Rome, was good! Your kids were great. I loved how enthusiastic they were, especially in the markets. I think they are a natural at bargaining! It was great to see how both of you encouraged them to enjoy seeing the world. It is such an important concept which I also hold close to my heart! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a review. Please do let us know if you are in Hong Kong for another stopover. I will be more than happy to recommend some things for you to check out. Happy travels!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wanted to book a guided tour for when I arrived in Hong Kong and decided on Big Foot, after a little research. My guide was Joe and he was great. I had an afternoon tour which was tailored around my interests, all of which was pre planned with Big Foot. Joe was very enthusiastic about his country and knowledgeable. It was nice to see a young person with such knowledge. We really maxed out the time, covering a wide area but never once did I feel hurried. Joe also found the time at the end of the tour to draw out another itinerary for me to follow on my own, during my short stay in Hong Kong and it was spot on. They were also available via e-mail to ask questions, whilst in Hong Kong. All in all it was well worth the money. I did the tour on my first day in Hong Kong and it really set me up for tackling all the places I wanted to see, some of which were off the beaten track! If you are looking for a tour guide with genuinely nice people, relaxed, personal and suited to you, I highly recommend Big Foot.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you, Mac571. It has been our pleasure to host you in Hong Kong! You asked really good questions on Hong Kong over the emails (e.g. on our domestic helpers) and we are more than happy to help you understand the nooks and crannies of this diverse city better - even after the walk! Here's a message from Joe:

Hi Mac571,

We did cover lots that afternoon, great stuff! It was good to hear that you made it a point to take time away from your business to get back into traveling and seeing the world. It was great chatting with you about the differences between Hong Kong and the UK, based on my experiences in both countries. I certainly hope you managed to check out the Kung Fu corner. It was a pleasure showing you around and just wanna say cheers for leaving me a review, it really does mean a lot!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A MUST DO !!! Joe's extensive knowledge and passion was fantastic. Even though we were not very good at history he made it interesting and memorable (if only school history was that interesting). Great insight into everyday life, dine with the locals,discover the back streets & markets. Worth every cent. I suggest you dont do too much walking the day before & save your energy for the walking tour. Made it easier for us to get a feel for the layout of HK & get around on our own. Joe answered all our questions and gave us extra info on what to do and see during the rest of our stay.

1  Thank Terese M
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you, Terese M. At Big Foot Tour, we have so much to share on Hong Kong and are always grateful for an opportunity to do so. From history, culture, food, interesting back alleys to recommendations for the rest of your trip, we really hope that our guests can have their best times in Hong Kong! Here's a personal thank-you note from your guide, Joe:

Hi Terese M,

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my stories and had insights into everyday life. Hong Kong's life, for sure, is a crazy one that I cannot get enough of!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Next time you are in Hong Kong, please let me know and we could grab more tasty local food together.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Met Joe and he gave us the best ever four hour walking tour of Hong Kong. His passion for the city was contagious!
Kept a good pace with stopped now and then to point out things of interest and he picked the right times to stop and sit and have a taste of the local cuisine. Highly recommended!

1  Thank GlobeBiker141
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you, GlobeBiker141, for your recommendation on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you had a great time during the walk. Joe definitely enjoyed himself too! Here's a message from him:

Hi GlobeBiker141,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a review. It was a nice morning hosting guests who are so interested in history. I love talking about the "what-ifs" and sharing my perspectives with you! I really hope that you enjoy the rest of your time in Adelaide before moving back home to the States. If you are stopping in Hong Kong on your way back, please let us know and we can catch up over some milk tea. Take care!

Joe.

Been to Big Foot Tour? Share your experiences!