“Thanks Joe!”

Private Half-Day Walking Tour of the New Territories Region in Hong Kong
Private Half-Day Walking Tour of Kowloon in Hong Kong
Ranked #1 of 59 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Best local guides. English-speaking. Fully licensed. Discover Hong Kong by joining us on our top-rated Hong Kong walking tours, food tours and private tours today! Details at our main website.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks Joe!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our first time in Hong Kong and it was looking a little overwhelming. Joe took us on a 4 hour private tour and it was the best thing we did while there. He tailored it to the areas we were interested in (Central, Soho, Mid-levels etc) and had so much information to share about all the places we visited. The tour was with me, my sister and our Mum and Joe made sure we were all happy and comfortable right throughout the tour. He is very personable and friendly and by the end of the tour he felt like a close friend instead of our tour guide! I definitely recommend the private tour, because Joe can tailor this to the things you're interested in and you can hear more from him directly.

We had a fantastic time on this tour and were exposed to lots of interesting shops, parks, buildings and information we would never have found or known without Joe.

We picked a couple of spots to revisit by ourselves and found it easy to navigate back there thanks to Joe's directions. At the end of the tour he provided us with a map and pulled out key spots and restaurants for us to go to.

Brilliant tour, if I go back to Hong Kong I'll be booking another Big Foot Tour to show me around a different section of the city.

Thanks to both Joe & Ski.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Natalia_H22
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you, Natalia_H22, for recommending our private tour. We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us! We love hosting our guests privately too. By tailoring the tour in accordance to our guests' interests, we hope that they will have a fantastic walk by getting to experience what they are looking for... and more! So thank you so much for giving us this opportunity to show you around and, more importantly, for extending your warm hands of friendship!

Here's a personal note from Joe:

"Hi Natalia_H22,

Hong Kong is indeed crazy and overwhelming, but that is definitely one of my favorite things about it! I hope you managed to check out a couple of those veggie restaurants that I had mentioned. I look forward to your next trip to Hong Kong and I would be more than happy to show you some other sides of the city. Last but not least, thanks for your kind words. It is much appreciated!

Newark, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Big Foot Tour with Joe”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I traveled to Hong Kong several weeks ago with my family and our walking tour with Joe was one of the major highlights of our time there! He was very knowledgeable and gave us a greater understanding of local life in Hong Kong, which was extremely enlightening and interesting. Joe was personable and fun! We had a blast!!! DEFINITELY book a tour with Big Foot Tour company the next time that you are in Hong Kong!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you, Lindsayr34043, for taking the time to leave a review for us. We definitely love and appreciate the opportunity to show you and your family around Hong Kong. Here's a thank-you note from Joe:

"Hi Lindsayr34043,

Thank you for kind words. it was great hanging out with you and your family. I hope that you managed to check out one of the islands and also had a good time in Cambodia! If any of you are traveling through Hong Kong again, we can always catch up and grab another cup of milk tea together!

Tampa, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Must do in Hong Kong”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Whether you are in Hong Kong for only a day or so, or a week or more, we highly recommend you take this tour!

We had just flown into HK and scheduled a private tour with Joe. It was fantastic. We had asked for our tour to center on history, everyday life and culture with a stop for dim sum. The insights into the culture were fascinating and explained so much. We were so glad that we did this first thing upon our arrival. Having had the walking tour, we felt very comfortable exploring on our own throughout the rest of our stay. Because I have a very bad knee, I was concerned about so much walking. However, Joe was attentive to this and I was able to last the entire 4 hours!!! And we covered quite a lot of ground! My husband was surprised (as I!). Additionally, Joe was very flexible, offering us options throughout the tour in case we were more interested in something than another. If you have any doubts, dismiss them now. Ironically, when we reviewed the 'list' of things that we wanted to see/do in HK on our third day, we had done most of them on day 1 through our tour!

Lastly, Joe speaks perfect English, is quite engaging, and we never felt as if he was bored (having done this for some time.) Please believe the reviews as this company is really, really excellent!!!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you, Traveler216_fl, for your lovely recommendation on TripAdvisor. Nothing gives us more satisfaction than knowing that our guests are happy with our walks! Here's a personal note, from your guide, Joe:

"Hi Traveler216_fl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a review! I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed yourselves. We did cover a lot of ground - perhaps it was the foot reflexology that helped! :p It was great getting to know you. I hope that you had enjoyed the rest of your stay. Take it easy!

montvale, nj
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Perfect 1/2 Day Tour”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We hired Ski from Big Foot Tours for a half day walking tour of Hong Kong. She was knowledgeable, flexible, and had perfect English, all of which made for a wonderful tour. We never could have seen as much as we did, nor learned as much about the culture and history of Hong Kong on our own. On the day that we had our tour the ferry to Hong Kong island was free. She didn't know why but was kind enough to research it and email us with the reason when we arrived home. We were taken to a non-tourist restaurant for a dumpling lunch and she negotiated the acquisition of the kind of dumplings we wanted. We saw both the streets with the high priced stores as well as the narrow back streets with the older authentic shops. She also took us up the long escalator to the level required for us to see the synagogue which is well disguised so we would never been able to find it on our own. This is definitely a worthwhile tour!

2 Thank fromNY2NJ
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you, FromNY2NJ, for taking the time to write a review for me. I'm also very grateful for the chance to learn from all of you - from discussing about the differences between our cultures and living habits, to sharing our views on the relationship between China and Hong Kong, to finding out the reason for the free ferry in Hong Kong that day - I must say I went back home with so much more knowledge! Thank you for these wonderful times. I hope all of you manage to take some good photos of Hong Kong! It's been a long trip for all of you and I hope you had enjoyed yourselves thoroughly in China and Hong Kong. Till we meet again!
Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 days to see Honk Kong”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

3 of us traveling back from a biz trip on the mainland decided to drop into HK - a first visit for all of us. Booked 2 half day tours - one on Hong Kong island and one in the New Territories. Joe was a great tour guide giving us enormous background to whatever we were seeing. Walked our ****'s off, but did not feel pushed as we stopped at temples, markets, reflexology park, etc. Joe helped us quickly learn the subway system (cleanest in the world) which we used in our free time. And he was kind enough to bring us to a local place for lunch after the tour ended and sit down and eat with us. We came. We Saw. We had a great experience.

1 Thank F C
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you, F C, for giving Big Foot Tour the lovely chance to show you and your group around. We are really delighted to know that you had a great experience - from getting orientated with the subway system to exploring the local sights and scenes. These would not be possible without you putting your trust in us. So, thank you. It means a lot ot us!

Here's a personal message from your guide, Joe.

"Hi F C,

We covered a lot of ground and walked lots, didn't we? It was awesome! It was great checking out Hong Kong Island and New Territories together with all of you. I especially enjoyed our mini bus ride, which we shared with a group of gossiping grandmas. :p The lunch was great too! Thank you so much for leaving me a review. It is really appreciated!