“Best View of Hong Kong”

Private Half-Day Walking Tour of the New Territories Region in Hong Kong
Private Half-Day Walking Tour of Kowloon in Hong Kong
Ranked #1 of 60 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Best local guides. English-speaking. Fully licensed. Discover Hong Kong by joining us on our top-rated Hong Kong walking tours, food tours and private tours today! Details at our main website.
Calabash, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best View of Hong Kong”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our four hour walking tour with Joe. His passion for his city was very evident. He is very knowledgable about the city in which he grew up and loves to share his knowledge with others. The night before our tour he was informed that I wanted to purchase an American mahjong set. He had no idea what this was, but did his research that evening and the next day was able to take us to a little shop where I was able to purchase a lovely set of tiles for a great price. He truly customizes the tour just for you. We enjoyed being taken off the beaten path and into the neighborhoods where he grew up. Having a guide for just the two of us, was wonderful. I wish we were able to do the tour with Joe on our first day in Hong Kong, not our last. They were booked for the time we initially wanted. We would have returned to some of places we visited or maybe even done another tour. The tour was definitely the highlight of our trip/cruise to Asia. Thank you, Joe!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank deysnc
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you, Deysnc. We are happy to hear that we made a difference to your trip in Hong Kong! Here's a personal note from Joe:

Hi Deysnc,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to me! More importantly, thank you for giving me this chance to customize a walk for you. I'm also grateful for the opportunity to learn new things - I will definitely need to give American Mahjong a try soon! :) I am glad to hear that you had enjoyed seeing snippets of all the neighborhoods I had grown up and spent time in. I hope the rest of your adventure around Asia went well. If you are around Hong Kong again, please let me know!

Joe.

Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Group Hong Kong Tour”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ski and Joe took our yoga group through a Hong Kong tour on our first day in the city and it set the mood for an amazing experience. The knowledge (and fun tidbits!) that these two gave our group opened up a foreign city in a whole new way. I loved being able to look at the skyline understand (I won't give anything away here... you gotta take the tour!). They customized our tour for our group, worked under ever shifting timelines and even escorted us to our yoga event to make sure we got there ok (long past our contracted end time). They were professional, fun and I can't wait to go back for more. Book these guys on your next HK trip!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you, Jennifer H, for trusting us to show your group around. Every one is so friendly, engaging and humourous. I can't do enough justice by simply saying that the day spent with you and your group was beyond awesomeness and would definitely go down our memory lanes! Joe says the experience was akin to us bringing big streams of positive energy all around Hong Kong. We had great fun and we are really happy to know that you did too!
Dora Creek, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great morning with Ski”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I went on Big Foot walking tour with Ski on 13 March 2013 and had a wonderful time with her. Her knowledge of the Chinese culture and Hong Kong in general is fantastic. Ski took us through the main business area, then to where the real people work and live in the back streets, where we got a real insight of how the locals live and work. We visited temples, markets etc and found the tour excellent on our first day in Hong Kong. Ski also suggested other locations that we visit on our stay here which was great. I highly recommend the Big Foot walking tour. Steve and Robyn Williams. Newcastle, Australia.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you, Steve and Robyn, for taking the time to write a review for me. I'm glad you had a great time. I had a fabulous time myself too, exploring the various pockets of culture with both of you! Hong Kong is charming, isn't it? Beyond the main tourist attractions, the local life is always worth exploring as it gives us the additional perspective on how the country actually works. So thank you for allowing me to share my views with you. I hope you are having a great time touring Singapore now. Happy holidays!
Kitzbuhel, Austria
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hong Kong culture, sites and food in an AMAZING fun packed”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

4 hour walking tour with insights into Hong Kong culture and history with fun filled FACTS with an introduction to an amazing city of excess and indulgence. Ate Dim Sum in a 5 story restaurant where you wash your plates and chopsticks with tea before eating and where English is not spoken or understood! Learned about Chinese Herbal Medicine and got to see the variety of ingredients available. Did you know that birds nest comes from swallow saliva? Explored Hollywood street and cut label stores? Pr----da and Arm---ni at huge discounts just because the label is intentionally. Meandered through SOHO boutiques and restaurants.
ripped. Rode the worlds longest escalator and explored hidden markets and unnamed streets. A First visitor MUST do tour. Ski was GREAT! Lovely personality and completely accommodating. Made our visit very special and memorable. Thanks.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you, Dlslsd, for your recommendation. I'm very flattered by your kind words. It's been awesome, with the day made extremely fun becauuse of your sense of humour! I'm still laughing at the joke that you made when we were taking the MTR. I shared with my friends and it worked on ALL of them. Good stuff! Thank you so much for all these precious moments and I'm really happy to have met both of you in Hong Kong. Please stay in touch!
Madison, Mississippi, United States
“wonderful guide”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ski is the best. She led us on a wonderful walking tour of Hong Kong that showed us the "inside" Hong Kong. I would highly recomend Big Foot Tour!

Visited February 2013
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you, Mary D. It's been my pleasure to spend some great times with you and your group. I hope things have been going on well for all of you back home. Take care and keep in touch!