“See the real Hong Kong”
Review of Big Foot Tour

Big Foot Tour
Ranked #5 of 67 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit Big Foot Tour website · Inside scoops of untold stories, local eats and hidden gems · Engaging and passionate local tour guides · Fluent English · No forced shopping · No scripted presentation · Discover Hong Kong through our top-rated Hong Kong Walking Tours, Food Tours and Private Tours today! As featured in Lonely Planet, ABC and The Sunday Province.
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Jo took us on a fantastic tour of HK island, talking through the history and changing political background that shaped the buildings around us. He also showed us a multi-layered society, the old co-existing with the new, and how geographical limitations have shaped the way this society operates. Fab tour. Would recommend this company for anyone who wants to deal with a small professional company who are able to shape your tour to your interests.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you, RobynZAustralia. Nothing brings us more satisfaction than knowing we have made our guests happy. So thank you for having faith in us and we are glad to have met your expectations.

Here's a personal note from Joe:

Hi RobynZAustralia, it was a great day! Dinner was the best for me as I love to share the local dining style with great people. I’m happy that you have gotten to see the differences since the last time you were here and we have also gotten to see the real Hong Kong. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of the time you had in Hong Kong and your trip to Macau.

It was an absolute pleasure, take care and happy travels!

Joe

"longest escalator"
"daily life"
"amazing city"

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The walking tour of Hong Kong was excellent! Ski is a terrific person and is extremely well educated on the culture and history of Hong Kong. It was a real pleasure to spend four hours walking through Central Hong Kong with her. Excellent tour! No surprise she is so highly rated.

Thank you, Mrkplt. What I remember most of our walk is the non-stop laughter. Thank you for making the tour so memorable for me. It's a pity that both of you only had a short layover in Hong Kong - the next time you will be in town, please please please let me know. We will catch up over a good cup of local coffee!

PS: Our HSBC lions and the security guard says hi. =p

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a great and very informative 'Walking Tour' with Ski in Sept. 2012. Ski was punctual, knowledgable and very accomodating. We did the four hour tour in the Central part of Hong Kong and she took us to a great noodle restaurant by the 'Longest Escalator'. We especially appreciated her advise to utilize the airport express train transportation. I would highly recommend Ski for any tour.

Thank you, Tammy S, for the review. I still can't believe how much ground both of you managed to cover before you met me for the tour. I love your sense of adventure! Keep in touch. I'll bring you to another famous noodle shop on your next trip to Hong Kong! =)

*Indeed, we have a very efficient transport system in Hong Kong. Using the Airport Express train would allow for in-town check-in. It works especially well if you have a late flight and would want to spend the day exploring Hong Kong without your luggages.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We toured with Ski on October 18th around the streets of the Central District and found her tour tour to be very informative and enlightening about day to day life in HK. It is a "travel must" if you want to understand the City! Ski provides us with a walk that provided a contrast of the City including business areas, government, markets, residential, religious and cultural sites. My suggestion is that she ask if the pace is okay. I found the tour pace to be a little slow and it would have been great if she had a relationship with one of the markets that allowed for a more in depth look at the foods etc. rather than just walking by. Ski also gave us detailed directions to our next site and she also sent a link containing Chinese music for that we were looking for.

1  Thank LindaNelson5
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you, LindaNelson5, for taking the time to write a review for me. I do appreciate your honest comments, which will certainly help both myself and the team at Big Foot Tour to learn and grow.

We understand that some of our guests, like yourself, are energetic walkers and would prefer a quicker pace. For our private tours, our guests are the ones setting the pace and we have always been more than happy to match. We will even run if we need to. =D

Nonetheless, when a private tour consists of people walking at different pace (very often the case), our guides have been trained and will attempt to balance out each guest’s engagement - this might have resulted in the impression that the pace was too slow for you. For your tour, we maintained a quick pace throughout - by the third hour of walking, we had covered over 20 kilometres (12 miles).

At Big Foot Tour, we are passionate in sharing all aspects about Hong Kong that interests our guests and the last we want is for you to miss out on anything. Hong Kong is an interesting city and there are numerous local sights along the way that are worth an elaboration or more. We absolutely agree with you that speeding up through local sights/attractions will naturally result in a lower level of engagement. As a result, there are occasions where our guides would slow down the pace to point out and have a good discussion on the local sights and scenes, unless otherwise indicated by our guests.

For example, at the dried seafood market, I stopped to discuss about the variety of food that we saw and to explain their uses in cooking. Similarly at the Graham Street market, I tried to explain about interesting food like century eggs (as I understand that you like having eggs and are having at least 9 eggs daily for diet reasons) and the concept of how freshness is king in Hong Kong. However, when you moved away hurriedly, it was difficult to further the conversation (unless I start buying all the food from the store owners to bring them with us =D), especially in a crowded environment. I really do wish I could have shared more and, as you mentioned, built a relationship with the markets.

Nothing matters more than the satisfaction of our guests. At any point of the tour (be it the booking process, during and even after the tour), we have always made it a point to check with our guests to ensure they have been comfortable with our tour arrangements. As such, during your tour, I constantly checked if the tour was turning out to be the way that you would want it to be and both of you gave very positive comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask all our guests to reflect to us immediately if they have not been happy with any single aspect of the tour. We care about how you feel and are more than willing to go the extra mile (be it links to Chinese music, directions, information on good eateries etc) to ensure you have the best private tour experience. While we promise to listen to the said and unsaid intentions of our guests, a direct feedback is much appreciated so that we can make relevant changes immediately and have a tour truly customized to your interests.

Once again, thank you LindaNelson5, for booking a tour with me. I do truly appreciate this opportunity to learn from your feedback. I hope that the next time you visit Hong Kong, we would be given the chance to show you around again, in a pace and an amount of details that are most comfortable for you.