“Great Walking Tour With Ski”
Review of Big Foot Tour

and up
Private Half-Day Real Hong Kong Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 55 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Best local guides. English-speaking. Fully licensed. Discover Hong Kong by joining us on our top-rated Hong Kong walking tours, food tours and private tours today! Details at our main website.
Sammamish, Washington, USA
“Great Walking Tour With Ski”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a great and very informative 'Walking Tour' with Ski in Sept. 2012. Ski was punctual, knowledgable and very accomodating. We did the four hour tour in the Central part of Hong Kong and she took us to a great noodle restaurant by the 'Longest Escalator'. We especially appreciated her advise to utilize the airport express train transportation. I would highly recommend Ski for any tour.

Visited September 2012
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you, Tammy S, for the review. I still can't believe how much ground both of you managed to cover before you met me for the tour. I love your sense of adventure! Keep in touch. I'll bring you to another famous noodle shop on your next trip to Hong Kong! =)

*Indeed, we have a very efficient transport system in Hong Kong. Using the Airport Express train would allow for in-town check-in. It works especially well if you have a late flight and would want to spend the day exploring Hong Kong without your luggages.

Winter Park, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walking Tour - An Insight into Hong Kong Everyday Life”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We toured with Ski on October 18th around the streets of the Central District and found her tour tour to be very informative and enlightening about day to day life in HK. It is a "travel must" if you want to understand the City! Ski provides us with a walk that provided a contrast of the City including business areas, government, markets, residential, religious and cultural sites. My suggestion is that she ask if the pace is okay. I found the tour pace to be a little slow and it would have been great if she had a relationship with one of the markets that allowed for a more in depth look at the foods etc. rather than just walking by. Ski also gave us detailed directions to our next site and she also sent a link containing Chinese music for that we were looking for.

1 Thank LindaNelson5
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you, LindaNelson5, for taking the time to write a review for me. I do appreciate your honest comments, which will certainly help both myself and the team at Big Foot Tour to learn and grow.

We understand that some of our guests, like yourself, are energetic walkers and would prefer a quicker pace. For our private tours, our guests are the ones setting the pace and we have always been more than happy to match. We will even run if we need to. =D

Nonetheless, when a private tour consists of people walking at different pace (very often the case), our guides have been trained and will attempt to balance out each guest’s engagement - this might have resulted in the impression that the pace was too slow for you. For your tour, we maintained a quick pace throughout - by the third hour of walking, we had covered over 20 kilometres (12 miles).

At Big Foot Tour, we are passionate in sharing all aspects about Hong Kong that interests our guests and the last we want is for you to miss out on anything. Hong Kong is an interesting city and there are numerous local sights along the way that are worth an elaboration or more. We absolutely agree with you that speeding up through local sights/attractions will naturally result in a lower level of engagement. As a result, there are occasions where our guides would slow down the pace to point out and have a good discussion on the local sights and scenes, unless otherwise indicated by our guests.

For example, at the dried seafood market, I stopped to discuss about the variety of food that we saw and to explain their uses in cooking. Similarly at the Graham Street market, I tried to explain about interesting food like century eggs (as I understand that you like having eggs and are having at least 9 eggs daily for diet reasons) and the concept of how freshness is king in Hong Kong. However, when you moved away hurriedly, it was difficult to further the conversation (unless I start buying all the food from the store owners to bring them with us =D), especially in a crowded environment. I really do wish I could have shared more and, as you mentioned, built a relationship with the markets.

Nothing matters more than the satisfaction of our guests. At any point of the tour (be it the booking process, during and even after the tour), we have always made it a point to check with our guests to ensure they have been comfortable with our tour arrangements. As such, during your tour, I constantly checked if the tour was turning out to be the way that you would want it to be and both of you gave very positive comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask all our guests to reflect to us immediately if they have not been happy with any single aspect of the tour. We care about how you feel and are more than willing to go the extra mile (be it links to Chinese music, directions, information on good eateries etc) to ensure you have the best private tour experience. While we promise to listen to the said and unsaid intentions of our guests, a direct feedback is much appreciated so that we can make relevant changes immediately and have a tour truly customized to your interests.

Once again, thank you LindaNelson5, for booking a tour with me. I do truly appreciate this opportunity to learn from your feedback. I hope that the next time you visit Hong Kong, we would be given the chance to show you around again, in a pace and an amount of details that are most comfortable for you.
Hawaii
“Great Walking Tour”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you want to learn information about the culture and history of Hong Kong that may not even be in guide books, we would highly recommend Ski Yeo's Big Foot Walking Tour. My husband and I engaged Ski for a 4 hour walk around the Central area of Hong Kong. Although we did a lot of walking, we didn't feel tired because of the all the interesting information that Ski
was constantly sharing with us about the surroundings. Ski is knowledgeable and very nice, too.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you, Lea O. Hong Kong never fail to amaze me and I am always happy to share my perspective of this vibrant city. I had a great walk with both of you - from exploring the little alleys to tasting food in local eateries to shopping for a piece of jade for your sister. Keep in touch!
Brisbane, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Walking is the way to go”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Thanks Ski for your great service and a fab day out.
I orgainized Ski by website fast and efficient for the 12th of October 2012. My partner and l are fit and love walking to get your bearings in a new country. Ski showed us what we wanted to see which were the older parts of Hong Kong. Ski knows Hong Kong well and you can see she loves what she does. You must all try the 1/2 coffee tea fantastic. We walked, road the mtr and as said had a great day. Thanks Ski

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you, Mink1. Both you and your partner are indeed very fit! It is inspiring to know how much both of you work out, be it just to keep yourself healthy or to train for marathons and triathlons. I must say I have got such a long way to go before I can achieve that physique. Haha!

Once again, thank you so much for trusting me to show you around Hong Kong. I hope you had some great shopping moments at Causeway Bay after the walk. Stay in touch!
Kansas City, Missouri
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Now this is Hong Kong!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Recent 4 hour tour of HK Central with Ski was simply the best!! She is a joy to be with; extremely knowledgable of HK, friendly, and shows you the regular side of HK life. The walking tour of Central showed the local life with all of its culture and history. The Dim Sum meal was delicious, and exactly like Dim Sum is for the locals. Touring with Ski is almost like hanging out with a sister. Can't say enough of how she weaves the real life of HK into your tour specifically tailored to your desires. If you're going to be in HK, find a way to schedule at least a 4 hr. tour with her, you won't regret it. Personal service down to finding you in HK to start the tour is a plus for tourists. And don't forget to ride the Star Ferry with her. Best part of our 15 day tour of China has to be our 4 hr tour with Ski. Outstanding!!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you, Traveller19842012. It matters to me to know that you have enjoyed yourself during the tour, especially the Dim Sum! As one saying goes, dim sum are food that touches your heart. So I'm really glad to be able to enjoy a Dim Sum meal with both of you and I appreciate the chance to show you around in Hong Kong. A pity that your camera was damaged during your tour in China, but I really do hope that the photos that I had sent to you could help you to retain more memories of Hong Kong. Looking forward to the next time we meet!