“Walking is the way to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Foot Tour

Big Foot Tour
Ranked #1 of 51 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Best local guides. English-speaking. Fully licensed. Discover Hong Kong by joining us on our top-rated Hong Kong walking tours, food tours and private tours today! Details at our main website.
Brisbane, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Walking is the way to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Thanks Ski for your great service and a fab day out.
I orgainized Ski by website fast and efficient for the 12th of October 2012. My partner and l are fit and love walking to get your bearings in a new country. Ski showed us what we wanted to see which were the older parts of Hong Kong. Ski knows Hong Kong well and you can see she loves what she does. You must all try the 1/2 coffee tea fantastic. We walked, road the mtr and as said had a great day. Thanks Ski

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you, Mink1. Both you and your partner are indeed very fit! It is inspiring to know how much both of you work out, be it just to keep yourself healthy or to train for marathons and triathlons. I must say I have got such a long way to go before I can achieve that physique. Haha!

Once again, thank you so much for trusting me to show you around Hong Kong. I hope you had some great shopping moments at Causeway Bay after the walk. Stay in touch!

Kansas City, Missouri
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Now this is Hong Kong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Recent 4 hour tour of HK Central with Ski was simply the best!! She is a joy to be with; extremely knowledgable of HK, friendly, and shows you the regular side of HK life. The walking tour of Central showed the local life with all of its culture and history. The Dim Sum meal was delicious, and exactly like Dim Sum is for the locals. Touring with Ski is almost like hanging out with a sister. Can't say enough of how she weaves the real life of HK into your tour specifically tailored to your desires. If you're going to be in HK, find a way to schedule at least a 4 hr. tour with her, you won't regret it. Personal service down to finding you in HK to start the tour is a plus for tourists. And don't forget to ride the Star Ferry with her. Best part of our 15 day tour of China has to be our 4 hr tour with Ski. Outstanding!!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you, Traveller19842012. It matters to me to know that you have enjoyed yourself during the tour, especially the Dim Sum! As one saying goes, dim sum are food that touches your heart. So I'm really glad to be able to enjoy a Dim Sum meal with both of you and I appreciate the chance to show you around in Hong Kong. A pity that your camera was damaged during your tour in China, but I really do hope that the photos that I had sent to you could help you to retain more memories of Hong Kong. Looking forward to the next time we meet!
Caledon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Food Tour with Ski You - It was Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We recently had a 25 day tour of Asia and our tour with Ski was one of our favourite parts of the trip. She was extremely informative and provided us with our customized food tour as well as insights into the culture and history of Hong Kong Island. Ski spoke perfect english and provided us with an incredible 4 hour tour. Ski provided us with great pre-tour service - she advised us our original hotel was not very close to the downtown area and we ended up switching our hotel to on closer to downtown and the subway/ferry lines. Ski also provided us with suggestions of things we should do for the balance of our time in Hong Kong (which we did), as well as the best way to get around (subway, bus,ferry, etc). We highly recommend this tour with Ski. We got some great insights into the culture and history of Hong Kong that you could never get on a large tour. Ski was a wonderful person and the food was fabulous. Thanks for a great time.

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you, CaledonTravelers. I'm very much flattered by your kind words. I'm always looking forward to a private food tour with my guests as there are so much Hong Kong food to try, depending on your palate and dietary restrictions (if any). It seems to me that local cultures and traces of historical influences are often reflected in the food we eat, from the availability of ingredients to the presentation style!

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for me. I hope both of you had a great time in Asia, especially in Hong Kong and Singapore. If possible, I would love to see the scrapbook that you made with the photos and notes taken during the walk. Keep in touch!
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ski was an amazing guide and provided priceless information about Hong Kong throughout our 4 hour walking tour. She tailors each tour to suit specific needs in order to maximize your personal experience. We opted for a custom tour focused on food and the local areas of Central, SOHO, and Western. Having this tour at the outset of our trip proved invaluable as we used the information Ski offered to navigate the city more efficiently.
Ski has great insight into HK history as well as current trends. She knows about 'go-to' clubs, restaurants, and shops. She took us to local stands and vendors to sample great food and shop out of the way kiosks and streets. We scored some great spices, teas, and many of those pesky souvenirs! Ski is incredibly friendly, well-spoken and easy-going. I would not hesitate to see er again upon a return visit. Book in advance and possibly book twice!

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you, Biotribe, for your flattering words. The tour has been great fun as both of you have been so friendly and humourous. You are so into cooking! From shopping for spices to tea to soy sauce and to cooking utensils, it's been such a joy to watch you interact with the shop-owners, especially when you started discussing with them on the various uses. Please let me know how all the experimenting went! A pity Hong Kong is too far away from Los Angeles, otherwise, I would love to try your cooking!
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour! Well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently went to Hong Kong on a mother/daughter trip with my 12yo. Apart from shopping I wanted to show my daughter some more traditional sights safely and confidently. Ski was great! She adapts the tour to your needs and does not mind changing agenda during the tour to suit what you like. Ski took us to some great sites we would never have find. Wonderful back streets, querky shops and areas of Hong Kong generally not shown on large commercial tours. Our tour went from 330pm to 730pm. This was a great time. Ski even stopped at a great noodle cafe that locals go to so we could try the best dim sims in town. Not to mention the famous custard tarts! We still managed to do more shopping with Ski and finished with a boat ride on the Starr ferry which was great at night. Highly recommend Ski's personal tour. She is a lovely young lady who's family should be very proud of her! Thanks Ski. xx

SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you, Cla2m. Shopping is fun in Hong Kong! Beyond the fancy malls and street markets, we have a lot of hole-in-the-wall shops which add a great sense of adventure to bargain-hunting! I am very grateful to be able to share what I know with both you and your very-stylish daughter. (By the way, I like her bright pink sneakers!) I hope your mother likes the Langham oil that you have gotten for her and that your daughter managed to find a Galaxy Note Cover that she fancies. Hopefully, someday, we will meet again!