Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong)
Reserve a Table
Wed, 7/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #102 of 13,406 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Grand Hyatt Steakhouse restaurant features prime cuts of beef from the US, Canada and Japan. Additional offerings include an oyster and seafood bar, an elaborate salad bar, and a stylish cigar room. Grand Hyatt Steakhouse offers guests an extensive wine list featuring 180 labels of superlative international wines as well as well known Tokyo Ice Tea and Washington Martini. non alcohol drinks are available such as Apple Lychee Soda. Highlighted food includes Iberico Ham, French cheese selection and USDA Prime Rib Eye 20oz (for two).
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hyatt and after a late meeting, dropped by at 9pm for dinner. It was still full! Got a seat at the bar, which is good enough for me

Entrance and decor is wow and feels like being in harry porter world

Service is very good and the waiter is knowledgeable about the steaks

My wedge salad with blue cheese is an acquired taste. You'll have to love blue cheese and luckily i do. They were really generous with it so the smell and taste was very strong

My tenderloin steak was perfectly cooked and tender

They deserve at least a michelin star. Perhaps next time

1  Thank bcheong
jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Dear bcheong

Thank you so much for your five star review of Grand Hyatt Steakhouse! We love the fact that you have compared our decor to being in a Harry Potter world! The layout and ambiance of the restaurant is something that we are especially proud of.

The wedge salad is definitely for cheese lovers only, and I was so happy that you enjoyed it.

Our servers were all honored with your comment about your specific waiter being knowledgeable. This is something that makes them feel especially gratified.

bcheong, again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com if there is anything else that I could assist you with.

kind regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2017

The Grand Hyatt Steakhouse has one of the best salad bars, with incredibly fresh produce. The seafood bar also consistently serves some of the best oysters in town. The service is impeccable, as one would expect from a Grand Hyatt outlet. However, the actual steaks are inconsistent and sometimes served with the incorrect temperature. They are now serving an amazing lunch deal, which includes a slightly abbreviated salad bar. Definitely fantastic for entertaining. Look for Sujin the manager. She's amazing.

1  Thank gluttoncritic

Dear gluttoncritic

Thank you for taking the time to write your review as above. Your comments with regards to the salad bar, the oysters as well as the service is something that is always a pleasure to read. We were so pleased to see that you also enjoy our lunch set menu! Thank you for your loyalty to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong and specifically the Steakhouse!

I need to apologise to you, gluttoncritic, for the shortfall that we have given you in terms of our steaks. We do take these comments extremely seriously, and I have shared with Chef and his entire team what you have written. I do trust that we will improve and be able to deliver exactly what you are looking on your next visit.

gluttoncritic, again thank you for the above and from Sujin (yes, we think she is amazing as well!!) and the whole Grand Hyatt Steakhouse Team we look forward to being able to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com if there is anything that I could assist you with further.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

Stunning fit out and seductive ambience. Fresh oysters, John Stone steaks (winner of the World Steak Championship this year). Very attentive service by well trained and personable team. Prices reasonable for the terrific overall experience. A winner of a restaurant. Particularly good service from Sujin and Holly.

1  Thank watchoutGMs
jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Dear watchoutGMs

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of Grand Hyatt Steakhouse. The entire team (both service side as well as culinary) were extremely pleased to have received this response.
We are also huge fans of the John Stone Irish Beef, especially considering it has only been on our menu for a short period of time.
Thank you also, for recognizing both Sujin and Holly, it is very motivating to read comments like these.

watchoutGMs, thank you again, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything that I could assist you with in the future at james.sandberg@hyatt.com.

Grand Hyatt Steakhouse - Assistant Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2017

The salad bar has many delicious varieties, we cannot resist to try many of them which made us quite full before we continue onto the main dishes.

Date of visit: August 2017
jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

Dear Tracy L

Thank you do much for taking the time review us after your last visit. We completely understand the challenge in trying to resist the Salad Bar temptation!! I hope that despite the large offering on the Salad Bar you were also able to enjoy your main course.

Tracy L, again thank you very much for your support and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com if I could be of any further assistance to you in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Celebrated my girlfriend's birthday here. The staff were very helpful and we soon arranged something special for her without any hassle. We were particularly impressed by the salad bar and the hospitality there.

Date of visit: July 2017
jamessandberg, Manager at Grand Hyatt Steakhouse (Grand Hyatt Hong Kong), responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Matt T

Thank you so much for your five star review of our Steakhouse. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time for your girlfriend's birthday. The Salad Bar is definitely one of our iconic features and it is extremely heartening that you thought so also!!

Matt T, again thank you, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at james.sandberg@hyatt.com if I could provide you any additional assistance in the future.

Grand Hyatt Steakhouse - Assistant Manager