“Good Price but You Get What You Pay For”

Best Western Hotel Causeway Bay
Ranked #451 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Adrian, Michigan
“Good Price but You Get What You Pay For”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I chose this hotel because it kept me under my company's generic nightly budget and that is not easy in HK. At the same time, it was a place I could stay and still earn frequent stay points. Best Western is one of those chains where one never knows what one will get from property to property. The variety makes things interesting but also makes for a greater possibility to find some less than stellar 3-sigma establishments. I would not say this was in the outlier realm but it was also not exactly on my top ten either. Upon arrival, I was able to check in relatively easily but the front desk staff were relatively uninformed concerning airport transportation options. They referred me to the valet which meant I had to trek back downstairs. It turned out that there was no airport transportation. The only option was a bus which had inconvenient departure times for my flight. I ended up having to take a taxi. Once I made it to my room, I found it to be the smallest hotel room in which I have ever stayed. It was clean, however, and the internet worked. The morning breakfast was very basic but at least they offered something. The check-out was adequately fast, after which I was actually able to flag down a taxi relatively easily. In retrospect, I would recommend this place if it was clear to the patron what they were getting. The major benefits were the price and the potential for BW points.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a positive experience staying at this hotel. Service, breakfast and rooms were good. Room was small but didn't expect much more in such a handy location. Hong Kong accommodation is overall just not cheap. Buy your breakfast for every morning at the discounted rate when you book/check in or it costs you more to pay per day. I advise havign the breakfast as Hong Kong seems to wake up late and you might struggle to find food early in the morning, especially if you are looking for western food.

Room Tip: there are non smoking and smoking rooms/levels, as most of Asia, so specify or else you may end up o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jessica_guy88
Landshut, Germany
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed there with my boyfriend from 1.12.2011 to 6.12.2011. Was the only place available for that moment and was the most terrible place I've ever stayed! The price was to high for those conditions! Room was very small, no table, no shelf! And it was noisy in the morning.
The location of the hotel was good, not far from subway station and one of the sights Time square! There is a small market downstairs, there are few places to eat and few supermarkets.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yacuhnoav

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Tiny bedroom size of 2.5 x 2.35 metres; no wardrobe just a recess with 2 coathangers; minibar(!) sized 19 x 25 x 32cm just held two tins; towels extremely thin, one had holes. Same priced Hotels nearby MUCH better. Do not consider it deserves the Best Western name.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank G D B
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights, and find this hotel's location quite convenient near the Time Square mall in Causeway Bay, which means it is close the Causeway Bay MTR station. Right next to the street there are some bus stops so it is quite easy to get to other places by bus. However, I find the service a bit disappointing. When I arrived late at night, the concierge staff didn't even try to help me out with our luggage. They simply just watched my boyfriend and I each rolled our own large briefcases all the way to the front desk. I don't know what they are doing because there were no other clients around and all they did was standing at their desk. I have requested for a double bed room and noted late arrival when I booked online, but when I checked it late at night due to flight, my boyfriend and I were give a 2-twin-beds room. I requested for a room change, but was told that I had to wait until my third night in order to get a double bed room. Not impressed at all when I am paying the full price for 8 nights and still not getting a double bed (especially it is a couple vacation---twin beds don't sound right). Also, when I checked in, the front desk didn't mention about complimentary breakfast, so I didn't know about it at all until after I checked out. Near the hotel there were not many restaurants, especially for breakfast (as they often open after noon), so I had a hard time finding places for breakfast except Maxim's and 7-11. The housekeeping staff is very inattentive because I always hung the "do not disturb" sign but a maid would knock on my door everyday at 9am. There were always some customers talking on their phone in the hallway at night and I could hear every single words they said in my room. The hallway is so narrow that the door can't block any noise from the hallway AT ALL. The room is very tiny with a very small bathroom, and the TV in our second room (the one with a double bed) was not functioning properly (it kept having overlapping images).

Room Tip: Make sure they give you the right room type, so maybe better off call them a few days before you arr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ar_e2000
Goa
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The things that are for ths hotel are

1. Price:- at a 100USD this hotel is priced most competetively and offers great value. This ofcourse is Sans Breakfast.
2. Location:- 5 Minute Walk (with luggage) from the times square exit at causewaybay station and in the heart of the bustling shopping district.
3. Connectivity :- Causewaybay station ................and the Rest of HK thru metro.
4. WiFi:- the best ive seen and its free.

thats where it all ends.

We start with why itsnot the BEST and Nowhere close to WESTERN

1. Staff:- Extremely helpless (in all interpreations the word may offer) ... They are bad with the western laguage (english hence not western ) and they wont even get you a cab (hence not best)

2:- Rooms :- Not clean and that is surprising as the area to clean is less the surface area of a penny.. God....is the room small... if we start calculating sq. foot rates the hotel might be the most expensive in HKG.

3:- Dingy feel:- Sleep quality is really bad due to the dingy feel of the rooms , badly illuminated and negleced walkways ..

Room Tip: Take two rooms together and break the wall inbetween
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank CaptAmit
Suffern, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location close to the convention center and downtown bars and restaurants. I've stayed in almost every hotel in wan chai .. This one is clean and friendly, fast wifi and friendly staff. The rooms however are some of the smallest I have seen. At the time I went paid $160 USD which was the cheapest rate in the area. There are nicer hotels but also more expensive. Nice thing about this one is all rooms are on very high floors with exceptional views!

• Stayed September 2012