Best Western Hotel Causeway Bay
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$436
$433
$367
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$476
$261
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$314
$714
$465
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewstimes square mallwan chaishopping districthong kong islandjacuzzishampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I chose this hotel for an overnight transit stop, based on the Best Western brand name. Terrible mistake.

Difficult to find, even for the taxi driver. Prostitutes coming and going as I checked in. Tiny room, not very clean.

Best Western should seriously reconsider associating their name with this terrible hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mycroft47
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It’s a shame that hotels do the “greedy grab” when an event (like a rugby match) means that nearly all rooms are only available at a premium. In keeping with this charming practice, the Causeway Bay Best Western asked us double the price for a second day’s stay in our boutique “mini-room.” We declined. I won’t overstate what has already been said about this hotel: small room (where my large feet seemed to smash into every angle it offered), small bathroom, uncomfortable beds and a noisy hall (before I dispatched them, some charming guests were acting out a threesome on the carpet near our door.) Although front desk staff seemed indifferent to our arrival (and likewise our departure), I did find café staff and bellhops (does one say that now?) very friendly. The buffet breakfast was a great deal, and the manager of the café was very attentive, and kept me awash in coffee. Similarly, the staff who checked our luggage were extremely helpful, and we left our bags to stroll the city, knowing that they were in good hands. The location was great, and I didn’t find the streets dodgy. Would I return? Possibly, if no events were in town to tip the scales toward a much higher price.

Room Tip: Check well ahead to ensure that a major event won't increase room cost, and book well in advance to secure the days you need at the price you wish to pay.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erable
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've been in this hotel last week, for 3 hopelessly bad nights.

as a start: the room i was checked in had NO WARDROBE, no place to hang a jacket or place a shirt or anything! do normal people travel naked?
furthermore, no place to keep a bag, not even on the floor, and the only place with enough space to open it was the bed.
i've been transferred to a room with a small, open kind-of-wardrobe, with a ridiculously small bathroom, tea and coffee facility but no spoons, no hairdrier, a stupidly noisy A/C (that needed to be kept on all night, obviously).
the walls are covered with battered wallpaper or, where they're naked, they're rotten and dirty.
the whole facility looks old, dark, dirty and dodgy.
the concierge CAN NOT CALL A TAXI! You have to walk through Hong Kong's heat and moist by yourself with your luggage and call one.

This is the worst ever.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank pmaggi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

While some people complaints about the sketchy streets location and small rooms, I do think some premium hotels in NYC Times Square or in certain parts of Bangkok also on 'sketchy street' location. I do feel safe walking around, even coming back to the hotel at 2am. The securiy guard is forever with people manning the property, that's a big plus point.
Room is small, no doubt, but it is sufficient to place even my 32 kg business class suit case on the other bed. No closet space if my memory serves me right.
I was allocated a high floor corner room with a spectacular of Race Course and the city.The bed is comfortable just like any Best Western hotel brand, shower head is powerful. I do think having a bath mat would be great.
Internet speed is good and additional bottled water and ironing board and transformer were delivered prompty even at 10pm.
The down size is that it has no porter service. Life is small but it serves its function.
Service is good. Staff explains everything in great details in their best capacity.
I highly recommend this hotel for those passengers on transit, solo travel with a budget in mind, and want to experience the spectacular view of other premium hotels without burning your pocket.

Room Tip: try to book the corner room, as the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank inxpekto
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is near Times Square, only 5 minutes walk. It is quite easy to commute, comparing to the other hotels I stayed in HK. Nevertheless, the subway station at Times Square is huge. It would take awhile to walk from the subway to the hotel. The room was very small and the bed is not very comfortable. There were plenty of food around the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family