“Cultural Intro on Our Last Day”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 139 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cultural Intro on Our Last Day”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Was recently vacationing with my brother in Hong Kong on a company reward trip he earned. Because we had filled our days with pre-booked excursions, we weren't available until the last day of our trip in order to book with Jamie. Luckily it worked out with his schedule! We asked Jamie to show us some HK culture, and he absolutely delivered! He is witty, knowledgeable, and I highly recommend him if you're thinking about getting a guide. It would've been incredibly useful had we had time at the beginning of our trip to book him.

1 Thank GS_Tuck
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi GS_Tuck

It was certainly interesting me you both after you had spent 5 days here prior to us meeting! luckily Hong Kong is a big place with lot's to do and we were able to do things you had not already covered!

Thanks ever so much for the super review, I really enjoy meeting Texan's

Thanks guys..

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hong Kong w/ Jamie”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We spent a day and 1/2 with Jamie. He showed us the sights, but more importantly helped us understand the culture, attitudes and day to day life in Hong Kong. He also taught us how to get around on our own on the mass transit system - AND provided us with detailed information on what to see on our own w/ directions and comments. He made our time in Hong Kong, both with him and on our own, productive, informative and fun. Highly recommend touring Hong Kong w/ Jamie.

Hi Linda C

It was really nice to meet the both of you on your recent visit to Hong Kong, we covered a lot of ground on the 2 tours we spent together.

Thanks ever so much for the great review, as always, it is very much appreciated

thanks again

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time in Hong Kong”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked Jamie well in advance and it was well worth it. We had quite the variety of people but he was able to tailor a great trip! Taking the metro added to the experience. In hindseight i would recomend two days to cover everything. He is also very cautious of your eating and dietery needs! Be ready for some british humor too. Thanks Jamie nice work!

Visited December 2013
Hi Boguslav 99

It was just great meeting the "group" for 2 days of touring, we did have fun didn't we and the weather held....

I very much appreciate the great review.. thanks Boris!

United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Really great time!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a great tour with Jamie who introduced us to places we never could have found on our own. He has a wealth of knowledge on the island and local customs and told them in a really engaging way for our family. Would definitely recommend you try him out. I've provided a couple of pictures to give you a sense of our experience. Thanks Jamie!

Visited February 2014
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi Befletcher.

What a lovely time we had on our recent tour, exploring Hong Kong at night time and I am so pleased the three of you enjoyed the tour.

I appreciate the tips on photography as well... every little helps!

Thanks for the great review

Sonora, California
“Perfect!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We toured Hong Kong with Jamie in early December, and it couldn't have been more perfect! Jamie was very punctual, knowledgeable, accommodating to our preferences, and very upbeat. Not only did we get to see and experience Hong Kong with Jamie, but he made great suggestions as to where to stay and where to eat dinner with very clear directions.
I highly recommend Jamie for anyone who wants to see and enjoy Hong Kong.
Thank you Jamie!
Barbara

Visited December 2013
Hi Barbara M.

It was so nice to spend a couple of days with the two of you recently and I am very happy that you enjoyed Hong Kong.

Wishing you all the best and have a great time on your upcoming visit to Taiwan.

Thanks Barbara,