“Really great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of J3 Private Tours Hong Kong

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 129 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016,I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. If you don't want to do one of those horrible coach tours offered by the Hotel Concierges and if you are stuck for something to do in Hong Kong then contact me. My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Zurich
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Really great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Jamie! We were completely unprepared and had hardly even read our tour book but Jamie didn't mind at all and just asked us a few questions and then gave us a great tour of Hong Kong! We did our tour on the first day we were there and throughout the tour, Jamie gave us great ideas on what we should see while we were in town. I definitely recommend booking with him.

Visited December 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi Melanie T

I am still recovering from walking up that hill to your Hotel!!

It was a real pleasure to meet the two of you and thanks for the kind words and lovely review

Ontario, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“a true gentleman!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had a one day layover and had booked J3 for a private tour on Xmas Day 2013. Unfortunately, my plane was rerouted due to technical issues (terrible, over 24 h flight) and there was insufficient time to conduct the tour.

Jamie, of J3, instead of being upset about the tour cancellation sent me tips and directions and information so I could conduct my own tour. He seemed genuinely apologetic that my flight was delayed and tour was cancelled and did all he could to help.

A great guide - who is in it to ensure the traveller has a great experience, highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
Hi MCharlie

Thank you.

I was so looking forward to our tour on Christmas Day and it such a shame that you lost most of the time for your Hong Kong transit due to plane delays..

I was glad to be of service and hope to see you next time.

Detroit, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hong Kong without the Hassle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Having visited HK many times, and wanting to let two business associates see the city on their jet-lag-recovery day, I considered just "taking them around," before investigating whether a "tour guide" might be available. I made an initial inquiry to another guide, he was booked on the specified date, and he was kind enough to refer me to Jamie who proved wonderful. Purposefully leaving all the planning up for a 9-5 daytime tour up to him, we met in the lobby of the Kowloon Hotel and walked to the water front harborside walkway, then took the Star Ferry to HK, a regular speed ferry to Cheung Chau Island for a very interesting journey back in time, the high speed ferry back (40 and 30 min respectively), a taxi to the peak (skipping lunch in a Vietnamese restaurant because we wanted to see more), the tram down, a stop in St. John's Cathedral, a double-decker bus ride, and a walk through the remarkably diverse (from handbags to goats' heads) street market in Wanchai, the area of Suzy Wong fame. All along the way, Jamie provides insights, stories, and answers to questions. We had a marvelous time, and would repeat on another visit, letting him show us more of Hong Kong. Communicating with Jamie is easy, and he responds promptly. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rick12346
Hi Rick12346

I hope all your business meetings went well!

It was a pleasure to meet the 3 of you and have the chance to show you around my town - I need no excuse at all to visit Cheung Chau, it is a wonderful place and I always try and take the slow ferry one way, purchase the deluxe ticket and sit outside on the back deck.. amazing

Thank you for your very kind words and lovely review

thanks

Moscow, Russia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Informality is a key”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the reviewers below expressed an opinion: "What's the point in taking a guide? Any taxi driver will take you to all local landmarks, and it will be cheaper!"

Highly disputable. Of course, you can surf on the Internet, scrutinise couple of guidebooks and then tick all necessary boxes. And what will you learn about one of the most remarkable world's megalopolises? Acting this way, can you really feel its character? Especially, when your time is very limited?

Informal approach is what makes Jamie's guidance different from similar product offered by the overwhelming majority of his colleges. He certainly provides all historical facts and statistic data, but he also convey heaps of amazing stories and gives you a general idea of the way people live and think in Hong Kong turning your guided stroll in somewhat of behind the scenes tour. In my view, it's definitely worth your both time and money.

All in all, we really enjoyed these several hours and do appreciate Jamie's undoubted professionalism. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Drunia
Hi Drunia,

One of the most amazing things about what I do is the chance to meet people from all over the world and increase my knowledge basis.. just fabulous

I appreciate your very kind comments and I would agree that trying to do a 5/6/8 hour tour in a taxi with a driver with limited English is not going to make for a happy experience!!

Once again thanks for the great review and my very best to the both of you

thanks

Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“OUR OWN PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having never been to Hong Kong before,we didn't want to waste time wondering around trying to figure out where to go, what to see and how to navigate the public transportation system. Having Jamie as our tour guide was the perfect solution. We spent most of the day with Jamie, saw a large area of the city and the outlying area of Stanley and used all the various modes of public transportation. He met us at our hotel promptly at the agreed time. Jamie was very personable and someone who I would enjoy being friends with if I lived in Hong Kong. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank RogerS40
Hi RogerS40

It was a real pleasure to meet the both of you and I am so happy you enjoyed the tour.. I appreciate your very kind comments and super review..