“Great start to our Hong Kong visit!”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 130 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016,I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. If you don't want to do one of those horrible coach tours offered by the Hotel Concierges and if you are stuck for something to do in Hong Kong then contact me. My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Mackay, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great start to our Hong Kong visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a few days stopover in Hong Kong on our way to France and we really wanted to make the most of our time as we knew it may not happen again. We booked Jamie's tour on our first day, and it was the best decision. Not only did he help us with emails weeks before we arrived, but introducing us to the public transport system and showing us how easy it is to use was invaluable for the rest of our stay. We left the tour itinerary up to him as he knew what we planned to see later in the week and we wanted a bit of a surprise tour! It was exactly what we wanted and we did get to experience things we wouldn't have gotten to, plus it was great to get local insight into things that happened around us. Aside from a great tour, Jamie was super helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed spending the afternoon with him. Would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting, no matter how long your stay.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BonnieD1975
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Bonnied1975,

It was a real pleasure to meet the 3 of you on your trip to Hong Kong, we had a fun day didn't we.

All tours are done at a reasonably leisurely pace, do not worry about this too much, the tour is part walking / part hopping around on public transport with plenty of rest periods, remember I want people to enjoy themselves! - 4 hours, 8 hours, whatever the tour length I structure the pace accordingly and to your needs.

I really appreciate the lovely review and thanks again

Bellevue, Washington
“J3 Private Tours Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We did an 8 hour walking/public transportation tour with Jamie and found it a very efficient way to see Hong Kong. He assisted us in purchasing our octopus cards and in learning how to use all means of transportation. We saw many sights on Hong Kong Island and Kowloon and he provided many interesting details about them. This was a long but fascinating day filled with stories and personal insights on the workings of Hong Kong based on his experiences of living in this community for many years. We stopped midway for a tasty lunch. We found the full day tour to be the best way to go. Jamie then provided us with detailed instructions on how to visit the Big Buddha on our own the following day. This saved us from purchasing a group tour for this 5-6 hour excursion. He was correct that visiting this site was easily done independently and that saved us the cost of an additional tour.

Visited October 2013
Hi Lovestravel425

Thank you for the very positive review

I am so happy you enjoyed the tour and I just know you enjoyed the fantastic Ritz Carlton Hotel

if you are going to be in Hong Kong for more than a day then I am more than happy to give you a list of suggested places to visit on your own via email, essentially I will email you step by step guides with images enabling you to get there quickly and hopefully without getting lost!

Thanks once again

Winchester, United Kingdom
“A great view of Hong Kong in a day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

As a family of 4 from the UK and only in Hong Kong for the weekend it was important to spend time wisely and we were not disapointed. Jamie knew exactly what we were interested in and constructed the days tour to match. His background was perfect to be able to provide informed comments and his local knowledge is firat rate, not to mention his knowledge of local spiders, flora, people and cars. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Richard B

Thank you.

I am always thrilled when people enjoy my tours. I have the greatest job in the world and when I am not touring I am exploring, despite living here for just about 38 years there is still new stuff to find, new hidden gems, dodgy neighbourhoods, you get the picture

Hong Kong is one of the greatest cities in the world!

Thanks guys, it was a pleasure meeting you all

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Authentic Hong Kong Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was in Hong Kong for a few days this September and wanted to get to know the city. I tried a few other options but none really impressed me. Lucky me that I was able to make a last minute booking with Jamie for 5 hours the next day - this tour was going to be the highlight of my trip ! It was my good luck that the day I booked was a sunny and bright Sunday - the best day to be out in the city because its a weekend and people are soaking up the good weather and the atmosphere is great. We met at my hotel near the IFC mall and then made our way to the markets, with Jamie providing interesting and useful facts about the area, the products sold, and its residents. We made our way to the top of the peak tram area but we took a special route to the top and a short 15 minute hike later and we had a great view of Kowloon, the Victoria harbor, that had only locals and almost no tourists around ! Most people head over to the peak mall and take in the view from there but Jamie knows best as someone who has been in HK for over 30 years. We visited the Peninsula hotel next and were surprised by ballroom dancing in the middle of the hotel during the tea hour. We then got metro passes and he explained how the system works and we went to the Sik Sik Yuen shrine. This was a real learning point which Jamie explained the cultures and traditions of the temple and how superstition is ingrained into the mindsets of ordinary citizens. Jamie really made sure that I saw the important monuments, buildings, learned the customs and traditions, and gave advice on where to head next in HK. This was a completely fantastic trip and one I would repeat and recommend to all looking to understand what Hong Kong is all about !

Visited September 2013
Thanks Yazeed Y

I really appreciate the terrific review.

Hong Kong is a 7 days a week place, in other words it gets even busier on a weekend, nothing closes! and Sunday in particular is a great day to explore Hong Kong.

I am very pleased you enjoyed our time together and I hope you can make it back here

thanks Yazeed

Perth, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Hong Kong Experience in 8 hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked a tour with Jamie months ago for my son & I. It was worth every single cent of the cost. Prior to leaving Australia Jamie forwarded an Email advising usof best place to change money at a good rate & advised to purchase an Octapus pass....saving us both money & hassles of sorting out the cost of public transport. Jamie met us in out hotel lobby & we were off to experience parts of Hong Kong that were different & to suit our own special requests. The Bruce Lee exhibition was absolutely fantastic....Anthony Loved it. When in Stanley visited places I didn't realize were there. Ate at a fantastic restaurant. Jamie's knowledge & sense of humour kept. us entertained for the entire tour. Sad when the tour finally finished. Today received a few emails from Jamie giving us information on how to get to different places we may wish to visit. None of that usual "got your money & now forgotten" with Jamie. He's helped us heaps since. Thank you Jamie . Keep in good health as we'll want you to.guide us on tour next trip to Hong Kong.

Visited October 2013
Hi Jeannie, Anton

I appreciate the lovely review, thanks ever so much

As a rule I generally do not do Museums but there is a 5 year 'Bruce Lee' exhibit at our Heritage Museum which is way out in the sticks so I am happy to do this / go there on request!

I am so, so happy you enjoyed our time spent together and boy was that weird bumping into you the next day on the streets!!

thanks guys