“The highlight of my Hong Kong trip!”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #4 of 147 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45 years in Hong Kong - I am the most experienced and most highly rated Private Tour Guide in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Jamie's tour was without a doubt the highlight of my Hong Kong trip! I actually wish that I could have spent my whole trip on one of his tours. I heard about Jamie's tours through trip advisor and am so glad that I did - it really is easy to see how he has won awards for his tours! Jamie is full of knowledge and shares information that you just wouldn't get on a bus tour. He is also super friendly and gave me advice on what to see during the rest of my trip prior to the tour which was much appreciated (his website is also full of handy tips). I really loved that I could choose the places that I wanted to go to and loved seeing places that were a little off the normal tourist path. I enjoyed my tour so much that the time just flew by, yet nothing on the tour felt rushed and I could spend as little or as long as I wanted at places. You will not regret booking one of Jamie's tours and I would definantly do it again should I visit Hong Kong again. Thanks Jamie!

1  Thank Scottishgal5
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Hi Scottishgal5

Lovely... thanks ever so much for the great review....and again we were quite lucky with the rain! whilst HK may not have gorilla's and those Orangathingies we do have wild monkeys and I am so happy we got to see a few!!

It was a real pleasure to meet you and again, thank you

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thanks for this wonderful experience. Loved the Nunnery, although it was raining, it was still amazing, even got to see a nun! Then on to the Buda Temple, happy that we all left there "lucky"!
Jamie took us to an amazing restaurant for lunch, and then took the ferry to Hong Kong Island where we went up to the Peak. What a breathtaking view! Can't wait to see all those pictures.
Jamie is a wealth of information and really shows you a different way to visit Hong Kong.
We highly recommend Jamie, you will not be disappointed, we weren't.
René and Norma from Montreal/St. Maarten.

3  Thank Norma W

Hi Norma W

It was a real pleasure to meet the both of you, my first people from St. Maartens!! and I am so happy that despite the rain we still managed that view on the Peak.

I very much appreciate your kind comments and thanks for the review

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Could not have asked for a better guide to Hong Kong. It is not just the sights that he shows you (including the breathtaking walk at the top of the Peaks where incredibly we seemed to be by ourselves for a good part part of the walk!); it is the insights into what it is like to live in this exciting city that he conveys so well thanks in great part to his 30 plus years of living in HK. All this conveyed with a wonderfully dry sense of humor which only an Englishman can provide. My 19 year old son who is at the best of times hard to impress was bowled over and asked whether we could have another tour with him the next day (which we would have done if only we had an extra day in HK!). Highly recommended!

2  Thank John S
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hi John S and young Jamie

I really appreciate the nice comments and great review, thanks!!

Yes, we English do have a dry sense of humour!!

Go Leyton Orient!!

Thanks again John & Jamie

Reviewed August 3, 2013

True to form, with less than 24 hours' notice my colleague and I decided to go to Hong Kong on a Saturday and found Jamie's top rating on this site very impressive. He is all that and more in person! We left the destinations up to him, finding him a quick study of what we would enjoy. It was great...more like spending the day with a familiar friend who loves showing off his worldclass hometown. Jamie was meant to be a tour guide. I recommended him to a well-traveled colleague for the very next weekend and she was equally as pleased with his all-day tour. Jamie, can we take you with us everywhere we go in the future??

Hi Bluedog 723

I do take last minute bookings (I do get bookings 24 hours before the day of the tour and even on the day of the requested tour) and am happy to do so and it was so nice to meet you both...

I very much appreciate your kind comments and thank you so much...

If you are ever in Hong Kong again please do contact me

thanks again to you both

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were lucky enough to get Jamie at very short notice and our tour with him was one of the highlights of our trip to Hong Kong.

As his bio says, Jamie has lived in Hong Kong for a long time. More importantly he keeps himself informed of all of the comings and goings in Hong Kong and was happy to answer any question we could think of.

A good tip is to let him know where you are thinking of going on the rest of your trip because he has plenty of tips that will make your time more enjoyable because he has either saved you money or saved you from having to queue for hours.

For anyone considering going to Hong Kong (even those that might have been there before) make sure that you book a tour with Jamie early in your stay.

1  Thank Heidi_and_Damian
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Hi Heide and Damian,

Wow.. and thanks! for the great review

It was such a pleasure to meet you both.... thanks for the opportunity to bug you about camera stuff, I learnt a lot.. this will be helpful when I get my new camera

.. and yes, I am always available for last minute bookings.

I hope you enjoyed Macau and the other 3 days in this great city