“Our Guiding star!! *”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 166 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 46 years in Hong Kong - I am the most experienced and one of the most highly rated Private Tour Guide in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to 18 months in advance with NO deposit required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 46 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited Hong Kong on our way to a longer stay in New Zealand to meet up with family. My husband is always keen to get a true insiders view of cities or attractions so we used Tripadvisor to help with our planning. Jamies tours were very well reviewed and he was very 'on the ball' with answers to our questions on his message page. We were travelling with our 26 year old daughter and thought that Jamie could set us on the right track for our four day visit. We were right! Jamie met us as agreed in our hotel and discussed with us what we would like to do and planned a perfect tour. He introduced us to the transport system, encouraging us to but the octopus style card which we used for our stay in Hong Kong. It was great to meet Jamie and find he was born not very far from our home town and had a shared interest in our local football team! He has lived in Hong Kong for many years and educated us on the cultural aspects of Hong Kong and the people who live there. We packed so much into the four hour tour and Jamie very kindly carried on the tour way past the time we were supposed to finish as he educated us in so many ways. We say parts of Hong Kong we would never has visited and Jamie did offer to pass on other areas via my internet but it did go slighly wrong and we did not receive his message. This however did not cause any problems as we remembered his advice whoch resulted in a fabulous fun filled action packed holiday. Thank you Jamie!

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hi Aunty Gail,

What a pleasure it was to meet the 3 of you, I always am just a little incredulous at how I can come across people from my neck of the woods in the UK! just a bit weird in a very good way! it allows me to lapse into Yorkshire / Middlesbrough speak which is incomprehensible to people here in Hong Kong.

I am so very pleased you enjoyed your tour and the 4 days you spent in Hong Kong and thanks again for the very positive review.

All reviews
"hour tour"
in 84 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 50 reviews
"sik sik yuen wong tai sin"
in 35 reviews
in 35 reviews
"private guide"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I booked Jamie for an 8 hour trip on our first day after reading various reviews on Tripadvisor as this was our first visit to the Far East. What a great decision this turned out to be. Jamie introduced us to the transport system and Octopus card which is an essential purchase for your visit. At our request he packed in as much as he could in the eight hours and followed this up on the same day with further suggestions for trips for the rest off our stay.
We were in Hong Kong for six days and having Jamie on the first day was ideal as he gave us more than enough information to keep us fully occupied with trips and visits for the remainder of our stay.
A big thank you Jamie

Paul & Valerie

Hi Paul, Hi Valerie

This is my blurb culled from my website

My private walking tours are perfect for visitors who want a detailed overview of Hong Kong prior to exploring on their own and for people who are only here for a day or two who want to make the most of their limited time here.

Many clients book me for their first full day in Hong Kong, they get to see the best that Hong Kong has to offer + a crash course in our wonderful public transport system and then they go exploring for the rest of their stay armed with step by step instructions and recommendations from me....

I am always ever so grateful to those that book my tours and a full 8 hour tour gives me a chance to show off this great city but no matter 4,5,6,8 or even 10, 12 hours gives us ample opportunity to explore.

Guys, I am so happy you enjoyed the tour and then the other 5 days you spent in Hong Kong

Thanks again

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My son and I enlisted Jamie to show us around Hong Kong on day 2 of a 5 day visit. Actually, my wife was suppose to come along too but was with our daughter who was in a Hong Kong hospital having picked up food poisoning in Hanoi. When Jamie heard of what had happened he immediately offered us the option of cancelling the tour. We are glad we didn't because we were not only shown around Hong Kong but were shown how to get around Hong Kong on the excellent public transport system there. Jamie also educated us on many of the cultural aspects of the people of Hong Kong throughout the tour. We visited places of cultural significance, local food markets, and shown grand hotels and other prominent buildings with some interesting history. Jamie gave us advice on personal security travelling around Hong Kong and when and where to be extra vigilant. We always felt quite safe in Hong Kong but it helps to know where and when there are higher risks of coming across pick pockets and the like.

If you want a personalised tour from someone with a good knowledge of the history and culture of Hong Kong, a good sense of humour and can show you how to get around on your own with ease, then choose Jamie. Not only did my son and I have a memorable 4 hours travelling around Hong Kong with Jamie, he also followed up with emails on how to get to other interesting places and offered to answer any questions we had during our stay in Hong Kong or provide assistance if needed. That adds up to a great service.

Hi Mike N

Thanks for the great review and I am so pleased that your daughter made a full recovery after her stay in one of our Hospitals.

Sometimes it is hard for people to grasp just how safe Hong Kong is, after all, we are a dense, bustling city of 7.1 million yet crime is not a big issue.

Pickpockets are always around in big cities and Hong Kong is no exception, I had my Iphone stolen on our fabulous MTR Train system and that was my fault.. as long as one is careful your stuff will be safe from these rascals!

It was just great showing you and son around and I am very glad you enjoyed the tour and this wonderful city.

Thanks again for the great review

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Have just read the previous reviews of J3 tours and can't agree enough with all the previous positive comments. My husband, son & I were planning a 4 day stopover in Hong Kong. A few people had said not to spend so much time there as all there was to do in Hong Kong was shop, so I googled what to do and came across Jamie's tour. It was the best decision to do a tour on our first day.
As he explains on his website he talked to us when we met him and then he planned an itinerary to suit our needs. We had a great (busy) day and then that night he emailed all the details of things we said we wanted to do on our remaining days, plus restaurants we might like etc. Every recommendation was spot-on ! (thanks Jamie).
Our 20 year old son even said how sad it was that our friends who hadn't enjoyed Hong Kong hadn't experienced the advice of Jamie.

Hi Barn153,

It was wonderful meeting the 3 of you and thanks a lot for the wonderful review.

At first glance Hong Kong can seem to be a bit touristy and a shopping mecca, it is quite staggering the number of shopping malls we have in Hong Kong but there really is lot's to do... I always say that 5 days is just about right to see real Hong Kong and yes, I would say that all the shopping is part of the Hong Kong experience, if nothing else you can shake you head in wonderment at US$75,000 handbags and US$500,000 diamond rings on sale and wonder about the mentality of people that splurge that sort of money on expensive baubles...

Ever since I arrived in Hong Kong in 1972 shopping has been part of the fabric of Hong Kong but I always very happy to delve into the real Hong Kong and I am so happy you enjoyed the tour.

thanks again

See more reviews
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife had never been to Hong Kong and I was there once for a pre-cruise stay 32 years ago, so I thought the best thing would be to take a tour shortly after our arrival. I searched and read the tours for Hong Kong on Tripadvisor and decided to book J3 Private Tours Hong Kong based on all the consistent highly rated reviews. It was a choice I do not regret. When I booked the tour several months prior to our arrival I summarized the types of things we wanted to see on our tour. Jamie, our fantastic English tour guide, met us at our hotel exactly on time and for the next 6 hours showed us the sights of Hong Kong, focusing the entire time on exactly the types of things we wanted to see in and around the Hong Kong area. Jamie does not drive so we used only public transportation which I can describe as only fantastic. We stopped for lunch about halfway through the tour so you never felt like you were on a marathon tour. If you really want to see Hong Kong your way and I don't mean sitting on a tour bus then you will thoroughly enjoy your tour with Jamie.

Hi Sasejm

Thank you so much for the very positive review

All my tours are done at a reasonably leisurely pace, do not worry about this too much, my tour is part walking / part hopping around on public transport with plenty of rest periods, remember I want people to enjoy themselves.!

Yup, this is why I say when clients contact me, Hong Kong simply has the best public transport system in the world and in order to maximise the number of places to visit, using it is essential! but nothing ever feels rushed and by the end of it you will be able to hop around as us locals do!

I am very pleased that both of you enjoyed the tour and thanks again for the review