“A Must Do !!!”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 142 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45 years in Hong Kong - I am the most experienced and most highly rated Private Tour Guide in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Have just read the previous reviews of J3 tours and can't agree enough with all the previous positive comments. My husband, son & I were planning a 4 day stopover in Hong Kong. A few people had said not to spend so much time there as all there was to do in Hong Kong was shop, so I googled what to do and came across Jamie's tour. It was the best decision to do a tour on our first day.
As he explains on his website he talked to us when we met him and then he planned an itinerary to suit our needs. We had a great (busy) day and then that night he emailed all the details of things we said we wanted to do on our remaining days, plus restaurants we might like etc. Every recommendation was spot-on ! (thanks Jamie).
Our 20 year old son even said how sad it was that our friends who hadn't enjoyed Hong Kong hadn't experienced the advice of Jamie.

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hi Barn153,

It was wonderful meeting the 3 of you and thanks a lot for the wonderful review.

At first glance Hong Kong can seem to be a bit touristy and a shopping mecca, it is quite staggering the number of shopping malls we have in Hong Kong but there really is lot's to do... I always say that 5 days is just about right to see real Hong Kong and yes, I would say that all the shopping is part of the Hong Kong experience, if nothing else you can shake you head in wonderment at US$75,000 handbags and US$500,000 diamond rings on sale and wonder about the mentality of people that splurge that sort of money on expensive baubles...

Ever since I arrived in Hong Kong in 1972 shopping has been part of the fabric of Hong Kong but I always very happy to delve into the real Hong Kong and I am so happy you enjoyed the tour.

thanks again

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife had never been to Hong Kong and I was there once for a pre-cruise stay 32 years ago, so I thought the best thing would be to take a tour shortly after our arrival. I searched and read the tours for Hong Kong on Tripadvisor and decided to book J3 Private Tours Hong Kong based on all the consistent highly rated reviews. It was a choice I do not regret. When I booked the tour several months prior to our arrival I summarized the types of things we wanted to see on our tour. Jamie, our fantastic English tour guide, met us at our hotel exactly on time and for the next 6 hours showed us the sights of Hong Kong, focusing the entire time on exactly the types of things we wanted to see in and around the Hong Kong area. Jamie does not drive so we used only public transportation which I can describe as only fantastic. We stopped for lunch about halfway through the tour so you never felt like you were on a marathon tour. If you really want to see Hong Kong your way and I don't mean sitting on a tour bus then you will thoroughly enjoy your tour with Jamie.

Hi Sasejm

Thank you so much for the very positive review

All my tours are done at a reasonably leisurely pace, do not worry about this too much, my tour is part walking / part hopping around on public transport with plenty of rest periods, remember I want people to enjoy themselves.!

Yup, this is why I say when clients contact me, Hong Kong simply has the best public transport system in the world and in order to maximise the number of places to visit, using it is essential! but nothing ever feels rushed and by the end of it you will be able to hop around as us locals do!

I am very pleased that both of you enjoyed the tour and thanks again for the review

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived in Hong Kong after a 15 hour flight and within hours met up with Jamie for a tour of Hong Kong. This was our first time in Hong Kong and I believe the tour was a fantastic introduction to this wonderful city. Jamie got us oriented to the local transit mrt and had us cruising over to Hong Kong island on the star ferry. He had interesting insights regarding Hong Kong life and culture..the gathering of nannies on Sunday in the square, mainland chinese shoppers travelling with their luggage full of goods. We also saw some interesting tourist sights, the nunnery and adjacent gardens, a Taoist temple and the ladies market. Overall a great first day. Well worth the money. Afterwards, he emailed us many directions accompanied by pictures of many of the popular tourist sights so we could find ourselves in the following days. Ps. Jamie the Victoria peak lookout spot was fantastic, thanks!

Hi Mayapoe

Thanks ever so much for the great review, frankly I do not know how you did it... a 15 hour flight and straight into a tour without any rest but we had a great day didn't we!

Say hi to your Mum, it was such a pleasure to show the both of you around Hong Kong....

Thanks again

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were unsure of what we wanted to see in Hong Kong so managed to book Jamie early on in our stay. By the end of our tour we had seen a lot, got the hang of traveling around and had some excellent ideas for further trips during the rest of our stay, plus emails with further information to help us when we explored these options. We saw parts of Hong Kong that I am sure we would not have found on our own away from the main shopping areas and really appreciated the quieter more out of the way places. We would definately use Jamie as a guide if we visited again.

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Hi Tarn444

Thanks for the great review, it is much appreciated

It would be fair to say that booking a tour with me on your first full day is a jolly good idea and hopefully at the end of the day you will be zapping around Hong Kong like a local..

I am always more than happy to give recommendations (with explicit instructions on how to get there etc) for things to do once the tour is over, there are so many place to go to and explore!

I am very happy you enjoyed our time together and it was lovely to meet you both

thanks

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My adult daughter and I had one full day to experience Hong Kong. We booked 8 hours with Jamie and spent 13. It felt like 5 minutes. I am amazed by his knowledge, enthusiasm and how easy he made it all seem. We began at a contemplative Monastery, toured lavish coves, experienced many good luck, life lengthening charms and tasks, ate delicious food, laughed, and got the breadth and feel of this interesting City. Don't try this alone. Call Jamie!

Hi Diannecrosby

It was such a pleasure to meet both of you in November and spend all that time together zapping around Hong Kong.

It was a pity you only had the one day, there is so much to do and enjoy in Hong Kong and I am glad I was able to help!

Thanks for the brilliant review