“Jam packed day of fun!”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 133 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Miramar, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jam packed day of fun!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband planned a trip to Asia for us and being that we are from America we decided we definitely needed a tour guide in our destinations especially because we like to get see the non tourist spots. After searching Trip Advisor my husband found Jamie and decided he was the right guy for the job. After meeting up with Jamie at our hotel we were off for the day and it really was jam packed. Jamie took us to quite a few places we probably wouldn't have found on our own, the street that the maids lounge around on their one day off, the market where the locals buy their food (i would never buy fish off the street), we took a drive out to Repulse Bay walked on the beach and of course did all the quirky good luck "traditions". Jamie had us throwing money into a fish statue, turning in circles, rubbing statues, rather silly things but why not. When the day was winding down we took a taxi up to "Jamie's spot" on the peak, I can't begin to tell you how amazing the view of Hong Kong is from The Peak. I am not a fan of heights and I was a little nervous about going up but it was worth it, I have never seen a view so spectacular before.
Jamie really made our one day stay in Hong Kong an enjoyable one, he has a great sense of humor and a passion for his tours. I would highly recommend him and would seek him out again if we decide to go back.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank rkbryant
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hi RKBRYANT

Thank you.

I love my spot on the Peak, it is not a secret but requires a bit of an effort to get there (a 30 minute round trip walk) but boy is it worth it, it is my favourite place on the planet and love to visit, day or night you get the best city view in the world. period.

I am really pleased you enjoyed the tour, it was a lot of fun and it was lovely to meet you both

thanks again

Winnetka, IL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Rat on a stick”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Among his many talents, Jamie does an extraordinary impression of a Vietnamese rat on a stick headed for the BBQ. He took my sons, wife and me on an amazing day-long tour that involved a trip to one of the outer islands, a bus ride to Repulse Bay, a walk around TST (including the Peninsula Hotel) and the best lunch we had in HKG. Having lived in HKG for 30+ years, Jamie is able to bring unique perspective and insights that you're never going to get on one of those big tourist buses. He was a great guide and he adapted the itinerary to suit our tastes and to counterbalance many of the sites we'd already seen. For example, he can explain why:

- there are women wearing high heels on the beach at Repulse Bay
- the license plates in HKG are so unusual
- you'll never/rarely see a 14th floor in an elevator
- that unusual building is referred to as "Building of 1,000 A-holes"
- etc

To receive praise from a couple of jet-lagged, cranky teenage boys is pretty extraordinary. Jamie received lots of kudos from my two sons. I highly recommend you book a tour with Jamie as he will take you places and expose you to things that you'd never see/experience on your own.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Canucklleheads
Hi Canuckleheads

Thanks ever so much for the great review and I have been working on my rat impressions for a while, luckily I have never come across anyone in Hong Kong doing deep fried rat, yuk!

People can be pretty superstitious here and for example my apartment building does not have a 4th, 13th and 14th floor!

I am thrilled you enjoyed the tour and many thanks for the great review

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Tour that really is 'The Best of The Best' - AMAZING!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This review has been a long time coming and I do wish that I had done this sooner so that I could remember the names of all the amazing places that Jamie took us to.
My boyfriend and I visited HK last Christmas for 5 days. As this holiday was over the Christmas period we were quite aware that we wanted to try see as much as possible, as well as have time to relax. Which is why we booked J3 Private Tours - I must say purely on the back of all of the outstanding reviews on here. As daunting as it sounds we opted for the 8-10 hour tour and WOW I can honestly say that the sights, experiences, tastes and smells that we experienced during that time were simply amazing.
From memory we visited Chi Lin Nunnery, Nan Lian Garden, Victoria Harbour taking the star ferry across to HK island (as we were staying at Kowloon). Victoria Peak, Tsim Sha Tsui and much more. We strolled through the bustling streets at night, got a taste for the renowned markets and experienced what I believe was the best dim sum restaurant in HK - Din Tai Fung. Its places like this that we would have never have gone to without Jamie. He ordered a whole array of different dishes including a special pudding know as Sesame buns/glutinous sesame rice balls which my boyfriend became addicted to throughout the remainder of our stay.
Jamie as a person has a fantastic sense of humour and was great fun to be with during the tour.
Not only did Jamie’s tour provide us with a complete insight to HK it also gave us the confidence to travel around (feeling like we knew what we were doing and where we were going) for the rest of our stay – also visiting Ngong Pint 300, Lanteau island and the Big Buddha. As we visited a private spot at Victoria Peak during the day we also decided to take the Peak tram at night which will always hold a special place for me – a proposal at the top over the Hong Kong sparkling skyline.
Thank you Jamie for making our trip so great (nearly a year ago)!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank K T
Hi KT

It was a pleasure to meet both of you in Hong Kong and it was very exciting being in on the little secret that ended with the proposal at the Peak! that is something I will always remember.

I hope you will return to Hong Kong soon.

Thanks again for the great review, it is much appreciated

london
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Super guided tour by Jamie”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I had not arranged any activities in HK in advance but we contacted Jamie (J3) on our first day here to see if he had any availability. Thanks to a late cancellation, we were with him on our second day on a 4 hour tour of the Island, seeing parts of HK we would not have seen on our own. The extra added value was the local insights Jamie could give us on what we were seeing and the relevance to HK's history and distinct culture. Nothing too arduous. Jamie was also very helpful in suggesting other places we could visit during the rest of our stay.

We would recommend Jamie to any visitors who need either a whistle stop tour or a longer tour to see more of HK.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Hackney59
Hi Hackney 59

Thank you.

I am always very grateful for positive reviews.

Thanks!

San Jose, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“J3 private tours Hong Kong”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great Tours...we used Jamie twice...one evening one morning..they wewe super! You do get what you pay foe! Would use him again in a heart beat.

Visited November 2012
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hi Bob, Hi Dales

Thank you ever so much for the very positive review, I appreciate it very much

We covered a lot of ground on our 2 tours and I am so happy you enjoyed Hong Kong so much

Thanks again