“Great Hong Kong Tour”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 133 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Falls Church, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Hong Kong Tour”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had never booked a private tour before and were a bit apprehensive about it, but Jamie was great. We didn't know what we wanted to see and we only had one day, so Jamie was able to get us from place to place easily and show us the sites. He even took us to a local restaurant for lunch that he had been going to for 20 years (we highly recommend you go to this local resturant instead of the more Americanized restaurant option).

1 Thank Laura B
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hi Laura B

Thanks ever so much for the great review, much appreciated.

As you only had the day it was pretty intense but we covered a lot of ground and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Hope to see you again!

Thanks

Illinois USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Jamie Lloyd knows Hong Kong!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I had made arrangements to spend the day with Jamie Lloyd, J3 Tours Hong Kong, when we were in town on, Saturday, 17 November. We had corresponded with him prior to our arrival in HKG regarding sites we would like to visit that day. I had been to HKG about 20 years ago on business but did not have the opportunity to “be a tourist”

Everyone raves about the tours by Jamie and we are in total agreement! We had a magnificent day!

The next day, Sunday, we would be on our own to tour and discussed our ideas with Jamie. He e-mailed to us that Saturday evening with detailed instructions, including photos, on how to reach the sites we were planning to visit on our own. The instructions were spot on. We highly recommend J3 Tours.

1 Thank B_Maurice
Hi B-Maurice

It was lovely to meet you both and thanks very much for the great review...

It is always nice to meet returning visitors to Hong Kong and yes part of what I do is to make sure you enjoy Hong Kong after our tour by providing detailed step by step instructions on how to visit and make the most of other attractions.

I appreciate the review and all the best

Thanks

Sofia, Bulgaria
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Excellent private tour!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We spent a day with Jamie and the beautiful Hong Kong. All the positive reviews below are true, so I won't go over everything again. If you're in HK and want an excellent private tour, Jamie is your man.

He has exceptional HK skyline viewing spot ;-)

Would highly recommend his services!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Hristo M
Hi Hristo M

Wow, and thanks for the super review.....

We had a great day didn't we, helped by the fact you both looked like movie stars! it was lovely meeting you and I always love the opportunity to go to my spot on the Peak for the best city view in the world!

thanks again

San Diego
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Time and money well spent”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a great time with Jamie. He has a wealth of knowledge about Hong Kong and a great sense of humor. He took us to very interesting places and we learned a lot about Hong Kong culture. He was responsive and easy to deal with, and gave us lots of very specific extra info as follow up,

Hi Motahal

Thanks for the great review...

It was lovely meeting you all ( and at such short notice!) and having the opportunity to show you around, you were certainly staying in an interesting neighbourhood!

Thanks again!

olympia, washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hong Kong Overview”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I were in transit from Seattle to Kathmandu, and had a one day layover in Hong Kong. Some friends had recommended Tours by Locals, which led us to Jamie and his tour of the city. Jamie took us several interesting places, and had extensive knowledge of the area. We visited temples and gardens, learned about the chinese culture both in Hong Kong and in mainland China, and ended the day with a yummy lunch at a local restaurant. Jamie took excellent care of us and we enjoyed his sense of humor. And he gets around by foot or mass transit - an terrific way to see a city.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank nyarnp
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hi Nyarnp

Thank you for your very generous review, good to see you got back in one piece from your Mountain Trek..

Whilst I do walking tours it is not all walking, we do use public transport extensively which allows to cover a lot of ground!

I am glad you enjoyed your tour and thanks again