“Great Guide”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 142 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45 years in Hong Kong - I am the most experienced and most highly rated Private Tour Guide in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 6 years in a row, 2012 to 2017, I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. Going local with Jamie who has lived in Hong Kong for 45 Years! and your Private Tour with a local Hong Kong Resident starts right here Amazing Hong Kong, the former British Colony from 1841 - 1997 My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Jamie is great, book early and you won't be disappointed. From his first emails it was clear you were dealing with a professional. All communication was clear and concise, even sending his picture so we could find him in the hotel lobby. Tour was all day, tailored to our requests. First day on my first trip to HK, it was a great introduction. Nice pace, nice variety. Fantastic overview of the City.
The best suprise, after wrapping up our tour I mentioned we'd be sightseeing again the next day. Within an hour I had five emails from Jamie with recommendations. Okay, nice enough, but his emails inlcuded step by step directions with pictures of small landmarks so we'd know which subway exit to take or which corner to turn at. Over the top perfect. We paid for one day (which by the way isn't cheap but very much worth it) but I felt like with his pictures and instructions he was guiding us on day two as well.

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Hi DCFAMILY5

Thank you, I am always thrilled to receive such a positive review.

I am always willing to give advice on where to go / what to do once a tour is complete, I have prepared a set of step by step instructions with photo's which makes things a lot easier

I am very glad these were useful

Once again, my thanks

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had booked both a night and day tour with Jamie after reading the many positive reviews about J3 tours. Unfortunately, due to an error on my part we had to cancel the evening tour as I had not taken into account the time difference, in the sense that we arrived a day later than I had thought. After realising my mistake I contacted Jamie, explained and cancelled the night tour, much to my suprise I received a lovely reply, saying not to worry and even an easy to follow itinerary on what to see on our own. This was the start of the amazing and hassle FREE service that Jamie provides.
We met Jamie at 9am in the lobby of our hotel, and immediately felt at ease, he first took us to get our Octopus card, explained how they worked, and where they took us and what we could purchase with them . He asked if there was anything in particular we wanted to do/see, and once we told him we were off, covered everything we had asked plus so much more, the day was pleasant from start to finish, in both what we saw/did and his great local knowledge and wicked sense of humor. It will be a day that will stay with us for a long time !
The cost was unbelievable, well worth every penny and MORE ! Lunch was YUMMY,so many dishes,all equally delicious !
Thank you Jamie for a great day, and your humour even though my mum insisted on calling you Nigel !
Natalie,Audrey & Bradley x

Hi Natalie, Audrey and Brad

What a day we had we had and thanks for the great review

Having Welsh heritage it is always a thrill to meet people from Wales.... I am glad I was able to help you enjoy your stay, you stayed in a fabulous hotel which helps! and I am glad the shopping went ok... we really got lucky on the shoes

Once again, thanks for the great reivew

Jamie / Nigel!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

There were 2 young adults, 2 children 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 plus 2 grandparents. Our tour with Jamie J3 - was absolutely perfect. He put a tour together that was flexible, and was enjoyable for the children as well as the adults. We used various modes of transportation which allowed us to see more than we would have if we were on a big tour bus. We wish it had been a clearer day but Jamie did ensure that it did not rain. We would recommend Jamie and J3 to everyone. The price for this tour was very reasonable. He also had sent us additional information to help us plan our trip. Do not hesitate to use Jamie and J3 Tours.

Hi Jonsr32

I appreciate the very positive review, thanks!

I love doing tours with families with young kids, always challenging and always fun and I do try to remain positive despite some less than agreeable weather.

Thanks again

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our first trip to Hong Kong. Day one we spend 6 hours with Jamie and his walking tour. The tour was prepared after our wishes and it was realy fantastic. Jaimie intoduced us to Hong Kong in a way that should be inpossible for anybody who has not been living in Hong Kong for a very long time. It was worth every dollar and we realy recomend this tour. As a bonus he gave us specific information on what we could do by ourself the day after and we followed the instructions and had a very nice second day in Hong Kong. If you are there, contact J3 tours and you will never regret it :-)

1  Thank Bosse65

Hi Bosse65

I very much appreciate the great review thanks!! I have lived in Hong Kong for 37 years, I love this city and it is always a pleasure to show people around this fabulous place.

thanks again

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My daughter and I did a tour with Jamie this past October. It was time well spent and so enjoyable.
We really enjoyed Jamie's knowledge of Hong Kong and charming wit. I really enjoyed seeing the Chi Lin Nunnery and gardens. It was just beautiful and great for pictures. We saw more in 6 hours than I would have seen in 2 days. Jamie also gave us good advice and directions for other areas to see. He dropped us off at the Jade market, which I would have never found, for some fun jade gift shopping. I had never been to HK and Jamie made this a wonderful breath taking experience.
I highly recommend Jamie's tour. You get what you pay for.
Thank you Jamie, Judy and Cory(pink haired girl!)

j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hi Justjudyb and Cory

What a great day we had and thanks for the lovely review...

I quite often say I have the greatest job in the world and that is simply because I meet new people every day and get to travel around the worlds greatest city every day... just brilliant

I am still laughing about the reaction of people here to Cory's somewhat eccentric hair colour.. brilliant!

I hope you can both make it back here again soon

thanks again for the review