“J3 Private Tours Hong Kong”

J3 Private Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 130 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: 45+ years in Hong Kong, awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row, 2012 to 2016,I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer premium quality private tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. If you don't want to do one of those horrible coach tours offered by the Hotel Concierges and if you are stuck for something to do in Hong Kong then contact me. My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 8 people. Jamie's private tours - no ordinary experience
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“J3 Private Tours Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our first trip to Hong Kong. Day one we spend 6 hours with Jamie and his walking tour. The tour was prepared after our wishes and it was realy fantastic. Jaimie intoduced us to Hong Kong in a way that should be inpossible for anybody who has not been living in Hong Kong for a very long time. It was worth every dollar and we realy recomend this tour. As a bonus he gave us specific information on what we could do by ourself the day after and we followed the instructions and had a very nice second day in Hong Kong. If you are there, contact J3 tours and you will never regret it :-)

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bosse65
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hi Bosse65

I very much appreciate the great review thanks!! I have lived in Hong Kong for 37 years, I love this city and it is always a pleasure to show people around this fabulous place.

thanks again

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Hong Kong with Jamie"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My daughter and I did a tour with Jamie this past October. It was time well spent and so enjoyable.
We really enjoyed Jamie's knowledge of Hong Kong and charming wit. I really enjoyed seeing the Chi Lin Nunnery and gardens. It was just beautiful and great for pictures. We saw more in 6 hours than I would have seen in 2 days. Jamie also gave us good advice and directions for other areas to see. He dropped us off at the Jade market, which I would have never found, for some fun jade gift shopping. I had never been to HK and Jamie made this a wonderful breath taking experience.
I highly recommend Jamie's tour. You get what you pay for.
Thank you Jamie, Judy and Cory(pink haired girl!)

Visited October 2012
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi Justjudyb and Cory

What a great day we had and thanks for the lovely review...

I quite often say I have the greatest job in the world and that is simply because I meet new people every day and get to travel around the worlds greatest city every day... just brilliant

I am still laughing about the reaction of people here to Cory's somewhat eccentric hair colour.. brilliant!

I hope you can both make it back here again soon

thanks again for the review

Christchurch New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A day of great adventures around Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a fantastic way to see Hong Kong...Jamie very knowledgeable on Hong Kong history and little stories along the way.
Myself and two adult sons went exploring for six hours with Jamie, we travelled by tram, bus, train and walked miles. Covered the produce markets, temples etc. We had an exciting day, even travelling to Sai Kung which is a wonderful little fishing town, pity we didn't have longer to explore. And we did go to his special spot up on the Peak to take photos of Hong Kong in our own time. We highly recommend Jamie's tour to everyone wanting to get the most out of your Hong Kong visit.

Visited September 2012
Hello the McBride family....

I very much appreciate the great review...

I am glad we had the opportunity to visit Sai Kung, it is a lovely seaside town although traffic and hence getting there can be an issue! but it is worth it

I hope you got sorted with the "hiking" gear!

Thanks again....

Los Angeles
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I decided to book Jamie for our first day in Hong Kong on a 4 day stop there on our way to Bali. We had never been to HK and Jamie did a great job of orienting us to the city. Our first stop was the metro station where he helped us buy our octopus cards and explained the metro system to us. We then went to a temple and he explained the unique religion of HK he then took us to his favorite look out at the Peak. Jamie gave us so many fun and interesting facts about the city and it's history, he was so entertaining there was never a dull moment. We talked about the other things we planned to see and do on our trip and the next morning Jamie had sent us very detailed directions and tips for each place we wanted to see! Amazing! This saved us so much time and got us exactly where we wanted to be. We had many "Thanks Jamie" moments over the next couple of days when we used his directions and suggestions. We wished we could have taken him to Bali with us, worth every penny a great experience, we highly recommend Jamie!

Visited September 2012
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
HI Becauseican

I hope you enjoyed your Bali vacation and I am very happy to receive such a glowing review, thanks...

I have to admit I trying to remember the last time I laughed so much, one of the great joys of my job is meeting such wonderful people with such a variety of jobs on a daily basis, from bankers to nuclear engineers to farmers and princesses, how could you not love what I do!

I really hope you can make it back here in the future and bring the girls with you

Thanks again both of you

Scotland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A stop off that became a memorable holiday highlight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

As our teenage daughter was desperate to visit Hong Kong we arranged a 2 day stop off on our way to Borneo and booked a tour with Jamie after reading Trip Advisor reviews. We are so glad that we did! We booked a private tour for just the four of us which took I think about 5/6 hours. It wasn't cheap, but well worth it as we were given a real taster of Hong Kong, didn't have to worry about getting lost and saw some amazing sites that we would never have seen on our own.
When we booked the tour, and at the start of it we were asked if there was anything in particular that we would like to see, but as first time visitors we left the itinerary to Jamie, with the exception of asking to go on the world's longest escalator that my daughter had asked to see.
We weren't swamped with dry information - it was a bit like visiting a friend in a new city - no fumbling about with maps - jumping on and off ferries, buses, trains etc like a local, taking short cuts, seeing the old and new and the less salubrious areas that you wouldn't feel safe visiting alone. We covered a huge area, seeing traditional markets, chinese temples, parks, upmarket shops, backstreets, star ferries, etc etc and looking back feel as though our stay was much longer than it really was.
Jamie gives a locals point of view and his own opinion on many things in Hong Kong that would be impossible to get from a guide book and has left a lasting memory. We also thoroughly enjoyed the meal later that evening at the restaurant that Jamie recommended.
We were delighted to have spent our only full day in Hong Kong on this tour and would have no hesitation in recommending this tour to family and friends.

Visited June 2012
Hi Peepybee

Wow... I really appreciate the wonderful review - thanks!

I have been called a living guide book (!?) more than once! this comes from living in Hong Kong for almost 37 years, you kind of just soak up all the information I also spend a lot of time keeping up with current affairs, Hong Kong is such a complex place.

Anyway I very happy you enjoyed our time together and again, I appreciate the review and I hope can make it back here in the future

thanks