“Not necessary”

$78.78*
and up
5-Hour Hiking Tour in The Green to Lion Rock in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk Hong Kong has been offering guided walking and hiking tours since 2003. We take you on a hike within Hong Kong's Country Parks - some of Hong Kong's most unpopulated and pristine areas. Or join one of our guided walking tours: Kowloon markets, Hong Kong history, WW2 traces or bird-watching tours. Take advantage of Walk Hong Kong's extensive knowledge and share in our passion for this region. All Walk Hong Kong's outings can be booked as private guided tours as well.
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not necessary”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I did a Dragon's back hike with Walk Hong Kong. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I ended the tour feeling that I could have done this on my own and a guide isnt necessary.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank traveller12452

Oak Lawn, Illinois, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Walking the Dragon's Back”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I hiked the Dragon's Back with a small group led by Jackie. It was a lovely November day and the experience from the top of the Dragon's Back couldn't have been better. Our guide, Jackie, was great, sharing her considerable knowledge in a fun and friendly way. Besides the walk on the Dragon Back, we got to experience several Hong Kong public transportation modes, double decker bus, subway. (Buy an Octopus transit card, it make getting around a breeze and you can even use it at stores.)

I would highly recommend taking a tour with Walk Hong Kong. If we get back to Hong Kong, we would try another of their tours.

Visited November 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Walk Hong Kong - Dragons Back/ Deserted beaches”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I for sure didn't know that Hong Kong had such beautiful nature right around the corner. Jasmine took us along the route of the Dragons Back, telling us all about Hong Kong. She gave us a lot of information, had an answer to all our questions and was a nice person to have around. She also gave me information and recommendations about hiking by myself.
The hike on the Dragons Back is not to hard and offers splendid views on the city, some nice beaches and the hills around.
The deserted beaches hike is very very nice. You really walk along the lush green hills and white sandy beaches. This walk is a bit harder to finish, but so worth it.
Walk Hong Kong is not only providing you with a guide, they are also your source of information on Hong Kong and the hikes around here. Their guides are well informed and really like what they are doing.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marianne1010101
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Martin was fabulous a great day.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

The description of the Dragons Back Hike
and items required to take were accurate.
Our guide Martin was very knowledgable
Interesting and pleasant
We had a great day.
Highly recommend.

2 Thank Rozymac
Mississauga, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Walk Hong Kong -Battlefield”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

OMG! I can not say enough about Martin Heyes and Jackie Peers of Walk Hong Kong! My Dad (85) and I went to HK to visit the cemetery where his brother Pte. Valentine A. Donovan is buried after he died Dec. 19, 1941 in the Battle of Hong Kong. Over 71 yrs later these two people connected us with him on the walk of the Wong Nai Chong Gap trail. Jackie was instrumental in setting us up with Martin in a last minute cancelation and Martin flabbergasted us with his knowledge of the area, the battle, troop movements, the last moments of the Winnipeg Grenadiers and the death of my Uncle. It absolutely was the hi-lite of our trip! The Battle of Hong Kong is a little known about and often forgotten battle where the allied troops had no chance for success and many died, but Martin's expertise on the subject and his passion for relaying his that knowledge made a dramatic impact on us.
We will be forever in his debt for helping us make a connection to a young soldier who died in defense of his country 12 yrs before I was even born. Martin and Jackie brought history to life for us.
Fabulous experience! Thank you also to the volunteers who maintain these trails.
Laurie Mailloux