“Not as good as years before”

Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill
Ranked #533 of 8,531 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: We Promise Culinary Passion every Day, a Heart-felt Commitment to Our Guests, and a Culture that You and All our People are Worthy of Respect...
Hong Kong
“Not as good as years before”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Food and services are quite average, tables are closed. I used to go there very often few years back, went again last week, but quite disappointed as the services and food standard went down.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Switzerland
“Generous portions”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Big portions, lots of choice and good place to unwind with friends. Service is not that great, if you want the staff’s attention, raise your arm.

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stopped in for a beer after a long week of work. All I expected was a cold beer with no frills- no chance. Sat at the bar and waited, and waited and waited. Someone shouted out "For Gods sake I have been trying to pay my bill for 10 minutes". That was quickly resolved but I then waited and a guy who came in well behind me, with only 3 people in the bar was served next. Lots of staff running around but service was last thing on their mind. Will not return.

• Visited March 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Good food but irregular service”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have come to this place since its opening about 15 years ago and the "kids" still love it, Festival Walk and other venues. I also like the decent and generous portions of wine. Food is consistent, service is not. On this visit all dishes ordered came at the same time: starters, salads, soup and hamburgers. I think next time we will order starters first, eat them and order the rest later. Of course we should have sent everything back, but knowing that it would probably end up in the rubbish bin made my wife hesitate. As I nice gesture they offered us all the drinks, but still, there should be some common sense among staff..
The place is now terribly outdated and needs an urgent face-lift. They started in Pacific Place so let's hope this venue will be next.

• Visited January 2013
chitown
“Change of pace in the Far East”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I never miss eating at Ryans when I am in the East. The food is consistent in all their restaurants(Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei} and they don't gouge you.
Since I am originally fron the South side of Chicago, I usually]tell the bartenders about the White Sox etc. and they get a kick out of it. The decor is the same in all of the Ryan restaurants as is the food. I usually have a burger and a few beers but the menu has something for everyone.
It is a friendly place to relax when tou are in Hong Kong for a few weeks.

• Visited November 2012