“Change of pace in the Far East”

Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill
Ranked #450 of 8,038 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
chitown
“Change of pace in the Far East”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I never miss eating at Ryans when I am in the East. The food is consistent in all their restaurants(Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei} and they don't gouge you.
Since I am originally fron the South side of Chicago, I usually]tell the bartenders about the White Sox etc. and they get a kick out of it. The decor is the same in all of the Ryan restaurants as is the food. I usually have a burger and a few beers but the menu has something for everyone.
It is a friendly place to relax when tou are in Hong Kong for a few weeks.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Gainesville, Florida
“Great nachos; generous wine pour”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife met me at Festival Walk for drinks and maybe dinner out. We decided to try Dan Ryan's for drinks. The venue is covered by Halloween decorations and the bar is in the middle, to the right is the dining room and to the left of the bar there are bar stools with high tables. We sat at the stools and ordered a glass of wine each. When Jackie, our friendly waiter, served our wines both of us nodded in agreement; this was a generous pour. The nachos came out soon after and they were super! My wife who is an excellent hobby chef declared them better than most we had in Texas, Arizona and other US locations. Agreed!
We then ordered a cheeseburger to share. The burger is just fine and we also liked the french fries--crisp on the outside but soft inside. Just right!!
The whole bill came to HK $420 not cheap but not too bad. We'll be back soon.

• Visited October 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Will not go back”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Some may say.. it's great a service but for me it's annoying.. Staffs trying very hard to make sure your food is good, yet they will come about every 5 minutes asking you how was the food and so on... Once the customer said it's good so just leave as it is but no they must asked you over an over again. The pricing is way too much for the portions you get. You have to asked for bread, took them long time to bring it to your table and when you asked for the bill, they are faster the speedy Gonzales.

Hong Kong
“I like it”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found it by accident since the Italian Rest. upstairs was full but we find Dan Ryan''s is much better (although I believe both restaurants are run by the same company). It is a comfortable place to sit whether it is just happy hour or dinner or even lunch and afternoon tea. It has a good feel although it gets very noisy in the evening. It is close by the City University and I get the impression that it is very popular with the staff and students.

The servings of food are large and make for sharing in Chinese style. They also taste pretty good - but I guess they are the usual "American" style exports!! We never had any trouble with service altho' the couple of times we have been there they were actually very busy.

It is much much better that the Dan Ryan's in Tsim Sha Tsui. That place seemed to be only interested in tourists and so the service was terrible and food was on a par with the service. On one occasion I had an attempt to book a table turned down because I asked in Cantonese.

Hong Kong, China
“Good American style food in Kowloon Tong”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although not the best service in the world (often have to flag down service), I like the atmosphere in this restaurant, especially in the front section with the stools. There is great memorabilia on the wall, the train running above the bar, etc. As for food, they do make a really great cheeseburger which is worth trying. Also, as owned by the same company as Amaroni's, they make some great mussels for an appetizer as well as pretty great buffalo wings. If in the mood for seafood or steak, they've got a good range of the usuals found at a good steakhouse type environment. If coming earlier in the day and are in the mood for brunch, they have corned beef hash and eggs, good omelets, etc. so nice range of American breakfast cafe specials.